• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Instep height of new Dalbello DRS World Cup vs. Lange Z and/or Scorpion 130?

seeker

Instep height of new Dalbello DRS World Cup vs. Scorpion 130 and/or Lange Z?

Hi, first post. Visiting here b/c this forum seems fairly ski-race-oriented. No longer race, but still like the boots.

Currently in Dalbello Scorpion SR 130's. Perfect fit for me when used with a thin race liner and Conformable foam tongue. In particular, they just manage to fit my very high instep (I don't need to fasten the instep buckle). But I need to switch boots (for reasons I can get into if you're interested, but not needed for my purposes here). Tried on the Lange ZB last year. Overall a good fit, but just a bit low for my instep, and I'm not sure how much we can mod my custom tongue to adjust. I'm also seriously considering the recently-introduced Dalbello DRS World Cup (my understanding is that it and the Lange Z have the highest insteps among the plugs), but I'd have to order it sight-unseen, so I'm wondering if anyone here who's been in either the Lange Z's, or my current boot, and who has a high instep, can tell me how the high the instep of the DRS WC is by comparison. Thanks!

Last edited: