• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged Mtn 2016-17 Season Thread

xwhaler

Lol.

Overall exciting. Was hoping they'd be opening Chutes and not Blueberry patch, but definitely looks like a great product regardless.
Chutes will be on line very soon. They were crushing it all day today. Perhaps by Sunday if not before depending on how tonight goes.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

xwhaler

Looked quiet but perhaps that picture was taken very early in the AM?

Hopefully Chutes to Village Green opens soon. Would like to hope they then start over on Yankee to get the Spear chair running.

I will be back up Friday -Sunday next week.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Looked quiet but perhaps that picture was taken very early in the AM?

Hopefully Chutes to Village Green opens soon. Would like to hope they then start over on Yankee to get the Spear chair running.

I will be back up Friday -Sunday next

Actually, I stopped to take a picture of the crowd moving down the hill. Really wasn't too bad most runs considering only having the one slope. I left just as Procter Academy got there.

I'm sure a lot more will be open next weekend. Wish I could take Monday off but I was already denied.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

becca m

I was there the last hour - as the sun was setting it was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous looking at at the surrounding hills.... most people had packed up and left by then but there were still good piles of snow at the edges of the trail

Jully

Ragged opened up some more trails today. The chutes and company more or less. Blowing on Newfound Ridge and Lower Ridge as well as Barnyard right now according to the report.

With the forecasted weather this Sunday I might not head up again... I'm busy all Saturday unfortunately and I have some obligations I could fulfil Sunday too that would open up skiing next weekend.

Jully

Almost forgot to mention the best part! They claim Raggae glades are open too. Anyone venture in there and see what the conditions are like?

xwhaler

Almost forgot to mention the best part! They claim Raggae glades are open too. Anyone venture in there and see what the conditions are like?

Attaching a picture that was posted on SJ from Tuesday this week. Raggae is really more of a trail with trees on it vs a traditional glade.
It's well manicured and thus dosen't take much snow to make it skiable. I see that they are blowing on Lower Ridge and with WildSide already open they could get some blow in snowmaking snow as well to help out.

6afdf54f7fcbfbba7bd5a00a643246.jpg

15b060acbb8a251784a33363e19e15.jpg

Jully

I figured it was mostly blow over that pushed it over. Still nicer than skiing most other early season blues and greens IMO.

Coverage is pretty good though. Looks similar to No Regrets at BW last weekend.

Whitey

Attaching a picture that was posted on SJ from Tuesday this week. Raggae is really more of a trail with trees on it vs a traditional glade.
It's well manicured and thus dosen't take much snow to make it skiable.

I don't really know why as it is low angle and not that long - but I love Raggae Glade trail. When there's snow it gets some decent bumps on it and it has just enough trees on it that it makes it feel different than just a regular trail that's been left to bump up. I've had some great runs thru there. I think part of it may be that since it's right next to the terrain park I've been able to drop in there while my boys hit the terrain park - so everyone is happy.

Jully

I don't really know why as it is low angle and not that long - but I love Raggae Glade trail. When there's snow it gets some decent bumps on it and it has just enough trees on it that it makes it feel different than just a regular trail that's been left to bump up. I've had some great runs thru there. I think part of it may be that since it's right next to the terrain park I've been able to drop in there while my boys hit the terrain park - so everyone is happy.

I agree. While I'd obviously prefer the Ravine glades, Raggae is a super fun trail for whatever reason. Now if that was all I skied, then I would certainly dislike it after a time, but that's not the case.

xwhaler

Ragged adding a bunch of terrain for the wknd per an email I got. Sunnyside, Upper Ridge, Village Green, newfound ridge, Headwall, and the Barnyard pod.

I will be there tomorrow and Saturday and will report back on how things look.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Ragged adding a bunch of terrain for the wknd per an email I got. Sunnyside, Upper Ridge, Village Green, newfound ridge, Headwall, and the Barnyard pod.

I will be there tomorrow and Saturday and will report back on how things look.

Look for the blue helmet if you want to take a run or two on Saturday

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Skied Ragged today. Cold but quality conditions. They were running guns on Newfound Ridge, Headwall, Lower Ridge, and Barnyard. Snowcats pushing out piles.
More terrain to open tomorrow.

Spear will be getting lit up on Sunday night once temps fall again. (Showboat or Yankee)

Raggae Glades pick of the day for me. Some nice wind blown powder in there.

Sorry no pics, phone wouldn't turn on outside today.