• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

North Conway info

deadheadskier

Staff member
Attitash proper is steeper than Bear and gets skied off faster. The summit triple is long and slow. I'd probably start off skiing Saco together off the Triple, then do some runs together off the Yankee. Cathedral, Moat and Spillway. Spillway is only steep for a short bit, then a blue pitch.

Then head back up the Triple and take Northwest passage down to the crossover to Bear. Spend the middle of the day and lunch over on Bear. Head back to Attitash proper to finish out the day on the Yankee

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

gmcunni

Attitash proper is steeper than Bear and gets skied off faster. The summit triple is long and slow. I'd probably start off skiing Saco together off the Triple, then do some runs together off the Yankee. Cathedral, Moat and Spillway. Spillway is only steep for a short bit, then a blue pitch.

Then head back up the Triple and take Northwest passage down to the crossover to Bear. Spend the middle of the day and lunch over on Bear. Head back to Attitash proper to finish out the day on the Yankee

thanks!

jack97

well crap, i guess i should have taken a look at the trail maps. don't know why but i had it in my head that Attitash was a "blue" mountain. looks like fairly challenging with more black from the tops than blue. i'll be skiing with daughter on Friday and she's not very aggressive. we can take a few runs down different trails and meet up again at bottom. doesn't look too huge, as in spread out.

I was at wildcat for SB sunday, tickets were $30, there was a line for the lift but the lifties were good about directing traffic. Longest wait was 5 min, quad stops due to wind gust and it backs up the que, average 1- 2 mins, after 1:00 pm, it was ski on.

Caternary (blue trail) had good bumps, back side and front side had packed powder, lower caternary (black) had great coverage as well. To give you a comparison to sundown, caternary's pitch is close to exhibition while lower caternary's pitch is closer to the top section of gun barrel. Soft bump at section of topcat as well while upper topcat was firm to pack powder. Panther has soft baby bumps on a tame pitch.

Groomers on w/e will get skied off after lunch, make sure your edges get sharpen, I 've been there on a weekday and the groomers hold up though out the day.

gmcunni

any suggestions on non-ski activities? especially something in the evening so i don't have to give up ski time. family type events. started googling tonight and found some leads but any first hand recommendations would be great.

thinking-
evening snowmobile tour
horse drawn sleigh ride
interesting dinner destination
ice skating

prsboogie

Nestlenook and Farm by the River?? both do sleigh rides. The first does skating as well

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

2Planker

Can't go wrong at The Muddy Moose, also had good experiences lately at Sea Dog Brewery

Don't miss The White Mt. Cider Co in Glen
:beer:

prsboogie

Had a very good burger at Seadog, much better beer elsewhere IMO.

gmcunni

great info, thanks!

still looking for some additional non-skiing activities, suggestions welcome.

prsboogie

Has anyone tried the ?Boston Pizza Company? On the side in Olympia? I'm heard it's good but haven't gotten there yet. At least I think that's the name!

Edd

Elvios is excellent. But, Red Fox and Shannon Door in Jackson should not be missed (pizza-wise). The pizza choices in the MWV are better than where I live, IMO.

2Planker

Local's Doing Well Lately Pick's

Flatbread Company - Great Pizza
Mae Kelly's - Always Good
White Mt Cider Company - If it's going on the company card.....
White Mt Resort for "Fine Dining" & Sunday Brunch

Pub Food - Sea Dog Brewery, Muddy Moose & Delaney's
BBQ - Moat Mt Smokehouse
Mexican - Margarita Grill or Noche (Conway) Both VERY Good !
Breakfast - Priscilla's or Sunshine Shack

prsboogie

I have been to Delaneys twice and won't go back. Did not like the food or attitude we got both times in there.

jack97

great info, thanks!

still looking for some additional non-skiing activities, suggestions welcome.

DHS mentioned bretton woods as a ski area you might try, I would recommend that as well since it's about 20 mins away from the Conway area. It has nice glades ranging from intermediate to advance levels. Never tried these but the ski area has a wall climbing area (at the lodge), ice skating, cross country skiing and indoor pool.

Edd

Mexican - Margarita Grill or Noche (Conway) Both VERY Good !
Breakfast - Sunshine Shack

These are all just opinions but, if you're picky about Mexican food being authentic or tasty, I would avoid these places like the plague.

I'll rock the Sunshine Shack all day, though.