• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Edward Snowden - criminal or hero?

Snowden - Criminal or Hero

• Criminal

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Hero

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Edd

My gut says pardon him. I've been reading that some of the info he released wasn't in the public interest. It is a pickle. Without a pardon, his future looks not so bright.

jimk

I'm a lifelong employee of the Department of Defense so I'm a little biased on this matter:flame:
This one boils my blood. The guy's a traitor. He's greatly reduced our ability to track terrorists and revealed all kinds of other damaging stuff. It will cost taxpayers billions/trillions to develop alternate methods and countermeasures.

I saw the movie Sully the other day. Now there is a good old fashioned hero!

yeggous

Hero, but sad that it had to come to this. It really angers me that this whole affair gave credibility to the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

crank

Does anyone here think Obama will pardon him. I say no way.

yeggous

Does anyone here think Obama will pardon him. I say no way.

Highly unlikely. Obama have been much, much more hesitant than his predecessors to issue pardons. Instead he has focused on clemency requests for those long incarcerated with drug convictions and mandatory minimum sentences.

I could see DoJ cutting a plea deal.

JimG.

Staff member
How about weasel?

Dropped the big dime and ran away; now he wants to come crawling back.

Doesn't matter to me what he did. Let him stay in Russia or wherever he is.

dlague

It was flat out wrong. Just as Chelsea Manning (new name) was in a position to access sensitive document, they were trusted and turned our trust against us while potentially harming others. Selfish!