• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No Boyne (SL, SR, Loon) Frequent Skier card this year. Re-evaluating my options.

WJenness

The past couple seasons I haven't gotten out as much as I would like to, so last year I made the decision to step back from a NE Silver Pass to a Frequent skier card (came with 1 lift ticket good any time, and then was a discount card), combined with a few other things to help me get out there.

I was fairly content with how it went, even though I only got 8 days in.

I was planning on a similar approach to this year, but just got an email on Friday that they wouldn't be offering the FSC this year, and some special pass rates (basically the rates from last spring) are being made available to former FSC holders, but only until Oct. 10th.

So I am now re-evaluating my plans.

Current thoughts (in order of likelyness):

Wing it without a pass / card
Killington Express Card
MAX pass
Wachusett Pass

Anything else out there I should consider?

Skiing will mostly be day trips from home (Lowell, MA).

Thanks for listening to me whine.

-w

bdfreetuna

Since you're in Lowell no excuse to miss the Boston BEWI Ski Show. Maybe you'll find some deals there. You can get your Killington Express card there too, sometimes they give you a better deal at the show.

dlague

Since you're in Lowell no excuse to miss the Boston BEWI Ski Show. Maybe you'll find some deals there. You can get your Killington Express card there too, sometimes they give you a better deal at the show.

Last year Killington did scratch offs for free passes and lift tickets at the show. Lots of pre-purchase options as well at other booths.

4aprice

You said in another thread you were looking west. Max Pass has 25 days in Colorado, 10 in Utah + the east coast offerings. Not bad in MHO. I'm looking forward to it.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SkiFanE

If you plan 10+ days, I'd go with Maxx pass. Or wing it. Easy to pick/ choose as you go based on conditions and weather. If I didn't have property I wouldn't care to stay at one Mt, day tripping. Winging it means you can find wherever deal offered, or the powder is heaviest.