Thread: It's coming!

New England first snow?

https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/newen...glanddailysnow
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

It's coming!

You can "think snow" all you want -- it won't change the fact that all signs are pointing to a winter that is, at best, only marginally better than last year.

And no offense, but "think snow"? Personally, I can understand "pray" for snow (although I understand that is offensive to some), but "think" snow? It's absolutely meaningless. Pure tripe.

Again, no offense.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Sorry to be snippy - I'm just really bummed out. All the baseless positivity in the world won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    You can "think snow" all you want -- it won't change the fact that all signs are pointing to a winter that is, at best, only marginally better than last year.

And no offense, but "think snow"? Personally, I can understand "pray" for snow (although I understand that is offensive to some), but "think" snow? It's absolutely meaningless. Pure tripe.

Again, no offense.

I'm curious where you are getting "all signs" from? That's a strong deceleration.

I rarely participate in any long term weather discussions on AZ because in 41 years, the only conclusion I've come up with is our New England weather is a total crap shoot.

Was the record snowfall for southern New England predicted by many two years ago? Was this summer's incredibly sunny and record draught predicted by many?

Maybe they were. I just have a really hard time paying attention to anything more than a five day forecast.

I just try and remain positive and hope Wildcat gets 150"+ with some sustained cold and minimal thaws. That happens and I'm sure I'll get to ski some good stuff

Again, no offense.

What reports are you reading about this up coming winter?
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Hello! First snow?
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Hello! First snow?
    Possibly a few inches in the higher elevations overnight.? or is it Saturday night..??? Local station, here in Bangor, was mentioning the Possibility of the rain, over northern VT, NH or Maine's western mountains...changing over to wet snow for a while.
    SteveD

It's a start at least!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Damn it! I was hoping no one would catch it. I can see Jay and Stowe getting 3-4" up high but nothing like the October systems from 2008 or 2005. The Euro really goes wild with upslope though. Wait and see. Just hope to see some flakes at Magic on Saturday.
    Haha i shouldn't have said anything. Better yet just erase the 2008 in MS Paint next time! Get everyone all riled up.

Again, no offense.

Yeah I'm curious too. For all the record years I remember there were years that looked the same initially and were totally different.

Depends on your definition of marginal. If I can get a solid 30 day span of open trees, that'll be great haha. I think temps will be a lot better, which is priority 1 for me. Snowfall is a different story, but happiness is all relative right!?

Thread Information