• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain 2016-2017 season thread

eatskisleep

When the wind blows that's where all the snow goes and it gets very little sun, so the snow preservation is fantastic.

I've read that once upon a time there was plans to put a lift, trails and a second base lodge out there. Glad it never happened. Though I wish the USFS realized what a great skiing resource that bowl is and opened up even more side country lines. Maybe someday they can form a partnership with Granite Backcountry Alliance.

Here's the information of those past expansion plans:

https://books.google.com/books?id=f...&q=wildcat mountain terrain expansion&f=false

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

There's a ton of lines in there. Honestly, I hope they keep it the way it is... :)

Also, link seemed to work for me within a page or two... some good reading in there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
No doubt there's a lot. Some do need a bit of clean up though. The one named after a big lake to the South had a few trees down in it this year that really messed up the flow even in this big snow year.

snoseek

No doubt there's a lot. Some do need a bit of clean up though. The one named after a big lake to the South had a few trees down in it this year that really messed up the flow even in this big snow year.

Those are the real deal. Wicked steep and hard to find! Good stuff!

ZGobeil

Hi All, Ive been an onlooker on this board for a while, but a long time cat skiier. Been a few weeks since Ive been up to the notch is there anything still skiable on the cat looking at a hike up there instead of washington as the weather looks dicey. Thanks

Edd

They're claiming the summit. That pic was pulled from Twitter. I don't remember a little deck like that on the hut up there.

This is from Instagram. Looks like it's facing the direction towards Upper Catapult / Upper Wildcat.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1494806670.952122.jpg