• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain 2016-2017 season thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
Great "inspection " , I do not own a pair of ski's that I would take on the lower Mt. The pictures make that old chair that serviced the top third of the mountain a real big difference !!
It would be awesome someday if they put a chair up the top third of Gondiline for days like today, but I doubt we will ever see it under Peaks. Tough to justify a couple mil investment on a lift they wouldn't run frequently.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

catskir

Great "inspection " , I do not own a pair of ski's that I would take on the lower Mt. The pictures make that old chair that serviced the top third of the mountain a real big difference !!
Yep,bring back the Catapult chair!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Here's a thought. Replace the summit triple at Attitash with a HSQ, move that lift over to Cat for a new Catapult chair servicing the top third of the mountain. Win win

Brad J

Here's a thought. Replace the summit triple at Attitash with a HSQ, move that lift over to Cat for a new Catapult chair servicing the top third of the mountain. Win win

Whats the chance we get on Peak's Board of directors !!!!! I think we could make a positive contribution !!!!!!!

snoseek

Anyone up there today is probably having a blast. Ropes dropping all over. I've gotta wait till Thursday, but with arctic air coming in in sure things will be slow

snoseek

skiing was fantastic today. Those little refreshers that add and coat here and there really make a big difference. Had a nice squall around 11 and added another layer off softness. At noon they pulled the rope on bobcat and it was creamy snow whales all the way down. Tomorrow I'm opting for maybe crotched as I feel no need to ski in Pinkham with that kind of cold. If you're lucky enough to be able to get out Saturday then get on it because Sunday's not looking all that great.....but Saturday should be wicked nice!

yeggous

skiing was fantastic today. Those little refreshers that add and coat here and there really make a big difference. Had a nice squall around 11 and added another layer off softness. At noon they pulled the rope on bobcat and it was creamy snow whales all the way down. Tomorrow I'm opting for maybe crotched as I feel no need to ski in Pinkham with that kind of cold. If you're lucky enough to be able to get out Saturday then get on it because Sunday's not looking all that great.....but Saturday should be wicked nice!

Today was great carving snow, but after yesterday at Cannon I was disappointed by the lack of base depth. I guess I got spoiled. It was also pretty cold out there. I really, really need a solution for frostbite on the nose. The full face mask is another issue due to icing over the mouth.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I plan to be there Saturday. Hopefully the liquid precipitation in the forecast is minimal and doesn't screw things up too bad and we still get an overall net gain in the next 48 hours.

yeggous

I plan to be there Saturday. Hopefully the liquid precipitation in the forecast is minimal and doesn't screw things up too bad and we still get an overall net gain in the next 48 hours.

There is always hope. Tomorrow I'm going to Attitash for the afternoon. I'll skip the morning until it warms up and the wind drops off a bit. Saturday I too will be at Wildcat.

JDMRoma

The cat is closed tomorrow. Just posted on FB

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

snoseek

Damn it looks like they're shutting it down for tomorrow....cant say I blame them.

I'm thinking Saturday will be great early on before the switch.

Yeah base is still a little thin on the steep natural stuff. the low angle stuff is skiing just fine though. Wildcat trail from the top was my favorite today...plenty of snow

RHODYTURNS

I'll be there Saturday and I am thinking positive thoughts - BUT with 30-40 mph gusts anticipated I think there will be a possibility of wind hold for the summit lift and/or any accumulation overnight and early morning being blown into the woods.

deadheadskier

Staff member
There is always hope. Tomorrow I'm going to Attitash for the afternoon. I'll skip the morning until it warms up and the wind drops off a bit. Saturday I too will be at Wildcat.

See you Saturday. Update us on Attitash tomorrow. Their snow report updates have been sporadic, but it appears they are pushing to have both peaks connected for opening day and a decent amount of terrain. That said, they could have so much more ready to go had they started earlier. Even if they didn't open, they neglected to make snow on many ideal days since Thanksgiving. Next week looks pretty warm for making snow. Xmas week might be pretty limited terrain at Attitash. Such a shame Peaks runs the place so poorly.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
To avoid both of these I try to breath in through my mouth with a short puff out through the mouth then most air out through my nose.

I put some skin lotion on my face and nose before going out . I lift up my jacket collar so only a little of my nose is exposed and breath in through my mouth and exhale slowly through my nose . Never had luck with face masks always iced up for me.

Edd

Temp forecasts for Saturday look to have gone up considerably since I was looking at them yesterday. That's great but it'll be more crowded, I'm sure.

Pretty good chance I'll be there. God help me, skiing on a Saturday. I missed last Monday's powder due to family obligations so I'm friggin desperate.