• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain 2016-2017 season thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
Damn. What awful timing. This when they are really lucky to have Attitash available on the same ticket. Hopefully things run smoothly the rest of vacation week

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

snoseek

I'm wondering if the bathroom thing is related to that backed up sewer smell that was in the bar this week?

I too am hoping things come together for them...everything else is in place for a near record weekend. Tough break

yeggous

I'm wondering if the bathroom thing is related to that backed up sewer smell that was in the bar this week?

I too am hoping things come together for them...everything else is in place for a near record weekend. Tough break

The bathroom problem is that power problems are impacting their well too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

Estimated 1pm lifts spinning. They are doing free skiing this afternoon and plan to run the lifts late. Game on!

snoseek

Estimated 1pm lifts spinning. They are doing free skiing this afternoon and plan to run the lifts late. Game on!

Classy way to deal with what sounds like what was out of their hands.

gmcunni

Was there. Pulled in the parking lot shortly after power went out. Lodge was nuts. Long line of people getting vouchers. No news so we left and went to Black.

albert a ripper

Black was awesome today. Natural snow was a little firm first thing, but softened up as the sun came out. We went there to avoid the crowds, glad we did. Bummer about WC loosing power.

Smellytele

I just happened to be taking a break in the parking lot at 10:30 after taking 6 or 7 runs and noticed all lifts down for the count. then the diesel kicked in and they were loading every other chair - headed to Bear Peak and skied the trees and bumps there the rest of the day to 4. Glad that was an option.

prsboogie

Shit deal at the cat! We got in late last night so last minute decided to stay here at Attitash for a little extra sleep, glad I did now. Going to head over tomorrow. Tash was skiing unbelievably today. Everything was amazing, not a single run with ice, just glorious packed powder and pow bumps forming all afternoon! White jacket and orange pants if anyone's around tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jack97

I was on that slow ride up when they decided to ease up on the diesel backup, I think some one said it took about half an hour to ride up. I made it down hitting all the bumps runs I can since I thought it was the last chair. When I made it to the base and the lift was running full speed, I figure power came back on line.

The gave vouchers to anyone with a day ticket and keep the quad running till 4:30..... good mojo from WC management.

edit: btw, under the quad and caternary, all the bumps runs were great, should be just the same tomorrow.

Last edited:

prsboogie

Icy as hell till 10ish then loosened up. Great coverage and buttery turns in the pm. Ran till 2 and the legs gave way. A lot a base is gonna be lost with the blow torch forecast this week 😟

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

octopus

i was on the lift twice yesterday when it broke down. once literally 20' from the top, second time we spent about an hour going up in slow lift mode. wildcat hooked everyone up and we got to ride for free today. conditions were pretty good and deep in the woods yesterday,heavy today tho. wildcat wears me out, we only got a few hours in today and it started to rain.

gmcunni

Was there today too. First time. Got my butt kicked by they place but had fun. Can't compare to previous days but felt busy. Not Mt Snow busy but lines were long. They moved quick tho. Trails felt crowded. Friendly group of people working there.

HD333

Anyone been to Wildcat recently? How is it holding up? Planning a trip St Patty's day weekend and wondering if I should call an audible and head to northern VT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoseek

The mountain is closed today due to wind...I bet the groomers could use that extra time honestly. They are firing up the guns tonight according to the snow report. Actually it sort of looks like all the mtns on this pass are going back into snowmaking mode which is GREAT!