• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/2

Savemeasammy

I met up with Powhunter and Jonnypoach for my 1st (their 2nd) day of the season. Temps were mild, and the snow was soft and spring-like. I only put in a few hours, and spent all of my time on Rime skiing the bumps under the chair. After the GN cross over, the bumps were really great (although there were some dirt patches showing through). Fog persisted all day, and visibility was a challenge, but it was a great first day. It was also my first time on the stairs. It was not the big deal I thought it was going to be.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1478117421.691010.jpg
It was a crappy day for pics.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1478117472.093196.jpg
SS is holding up. Wouldn't it be nice if Killington would make an effort like this for us regular skiers?! What a great early season run that would be...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I met up with Powhunter and Jonnypoach for my 1st (their 2nd) day of the season. Temps were mild, and the snow was soft and spring-like. I only put in a few hours, and spent all of my time on Rime skiing the bumps under the chair. After the GN cross over, the bumps were really great (although there were some dirt patches showing through). Fog persisted all day, and visibility was a challenge, but it was a great first day. It was also my first time on the stairs. It was not the big deal I thought it was going to be.

View attachment 20946
It was a crappy day for pics.

View attachment 20947
SS is holding up. Wouldn't it be nice if Killington would make an effort like this for us regular skiers?! What a great early season run that would be...

SS has a long way to go to be ready for the World Cup!

powhunter

046ff3a6b10df8490c47d2ea4d58ad9f.jpg

Good skiing with ya Tim. It was tough getting to Coopers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

When I saw this on FB in class I spit coffee out and choked, then everyone stared and realized I was clearly not doing work on my labtop. THANKS for the embarrassment. Amazing picture though.

Savemeasammy

Word to the wise: If Johhypoach asks to borrow your skis, this is why you should say no!

jaybird

Tis nowhere near Coops :-x
Don't look too foggy.
were they operating the light house ?

powhunter

Yea woods at bottom of power line between rime. You could see the sun over by pico