• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Jury Awards Hiker $750k for 5 Hours Trapped on Gondola

BenedictGomez

the jury DID NOT like Killington. And a Rutland County jury no less. [/B]

Morons biting the hand that feeds.

Many of those 12 idiots would probably either have to move from home, or at very least, have a much lower quality-of-life were it not for "evil" Killington. Many of America's problems could be solved if economics were taught.

benski

Morons biting the hand that feeds.

Many of those 12 idiots would probably either have to move from home, or at very least, have a much lower quality-of-life were it not for "evil" Killington. Many of America's problems could be solved if economics were taught.

People don't like Killingtons management for being cheep. They expect to get a new lift if Powdr were to sell. New lift would mean better skiing and a few jobs resulting in a better quality of life.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So last night figured out a possible logic for $750k: the lawyer asked for $500k and the jury may have realized that personal injury attorneys generally work on contingency (usually 1/3 or so). Thus, in order for the woman to get $500k they would have to give her $750k, with one-third going to her fees.

$500k is still absurdly high for this kind of case.

Nheigz

750k may be a lot. But so is 100 bucks to slide down a mountain for a few hours. Killington makes a killing and is owned by some rich people. I'm sure they'll be fine. That said I'm not a fan of sue happy culture that is America.

BenedictGomez

750k may be a lot. But so is 100 bucks to slide down a mountain for a few hours. Killington makes a killing and is owned by some rich people. I'm sure they'll be fine. That said I'm not a fan of sue happy culture that is America.

Sounds like one of the jurors. LOL

Nheigz

Ha. Ya think? Not sure I was that clear cut about it. But suit yourself. For the ridiculous shit people/businesses get sued for sometimes this case doesn't seem too out of the question.