• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

December 2016 vs. 2015

wtcobb

BenedictGomez

It's not surprising given how warm the Great Lakes were/are. Hopefully trees will open in early January.

dlague

Slow start but it seems like everything is shaping up everywhere northwest, west and northeast - snow machine is cranking now!

dlague

Several of the systems have followed the jet steam and continued over to the northeast. A pattern I like! Ski areas here have opened up like crazy. Some place have gotten 2 feet in the past week and there is another system coming Saturday - hoping for Sunday Powder turns. While they are still behind last year over here, it looks like the Northeast will blow away last years December totals.

mriceyman

Several of the systems have followed the jet steam and continued over to the northeast. A pattern I like! Ski areas here have opened up like crazy. Some place have gotten 2 feet in the past week and there is another system coming Saturday - hoping for Sunday Powder turns. While they are still behind last year over here, it looks like the Northeast will blow away last years December totals.

December might blow away last years totals completely

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone