• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Breckenridge 12/11/16

4aprice

Breck has always been my go to ski area. Yes it gets crowded on the week ends so you really gotta know what areas to stay away from, but the terrain is really good IMHO.

Breck the ski area is massive. For a town I will still take Aspen, but Breck is good. Any place with in 100 miles of Denver is going to be busy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Breck the ski area is massive. For a town I will still take Aspen, but Breck is good. Any place with in 100 miles of Denver is going to be busy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Aspen is definitely not a day trip. Vail is about as far as we will go in a day. However Aspen Snowmass is in our radar.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Aspen is definitely not a day trip. Vail is about as far as we will go in a day. However Aspen Snowmass is in our radar.

Yea Independence Pass being closed really shuts it off from the front range. Imagine how close it would be to the Springs if it were open. Anyway will be interested in your opinion on Aspen. To this day it remains my favorite resort any where, enjoy ALL 4 mountains. (many may not agree but Buttermilk is worth a ski too).

Keep the reports coming Dave. I'm living through you and my son right now as I sit on zero days so far because of work and weather (was going to get out Sunday but looks like rain :-x) Can't wait till Feb and March to get out there again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Yea Independence Pass being closed really shuts it off from the front range. Imagine how close it would be to the Springs if it were open. Anyway will be interested in your opinion on Aspen. To this day it remains my favorite resort any where, enjoy ALL 4 mountains. (many may not agree but Buttermilk is worth a ski too).

Keep the reports coming Dave. I'm living through you and my son right now as I sit on zero days so far because of work and weather (was going to get out Sunday but looks like rain :-x) Can't wait till Feb and March to get out there again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
We are like kids in a candy store! And I have to say, this has been the best early season skiing we have ever experienced, only one day at Loveland where things were a little scraped off.

It sounds like the start to the season back east has been pretty sweet too. Glad to read about everyone's trips. Well, Alex I hope you can get out soon.

I will report away!