• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Mountain, Sunday 12-11-16

granite

Paulie's Folly was buried with snowmaking, huge whale backs, soft moguls, and man made powder. The line between the guns on skiers left and the whalebacks is what it's all about. The new HDK guns were on and pointed high into the windless sky. The man made fluff was falling straight down, gently and evenly onto the slope.

The rest of the mountain skied well, firm and fast groomed surfaces. The heavy traffic runs got skied off, except for Taft Slalom, skied great all day. The tower guns on Taft are making a huge difference. There was another new tower gun at the very top of Rocket pointed up high and aimed perfectly. That one gun alone was laying down silky smooth snow for almost 100 yards.

I tried to ski first chair to last, but only made it to 3 pm when the legs gave out from so many runs down Paulie's.

Today, Monday with 10 inches must have been sick.

Looked over to the Zoomer Bar a few times, but did not see any activity. Was it open?

Puck it

Paulie's Folly was buried with snowmaking, huge whale backs, soft moguls, and man made powder. The line between the guns on skiers left and the whalebacks is what it's all about. The new HDK guns were on and pointed high into the windless sky. The man made fluff was falling straight down, gently and evenly onto the slope.

The rest of the mountain skied well, firm and fast groomed surfaces. The heavy traffic runs got skied off, except for Taft Slalom, skied great all day. The tower guns on Taft are making a huge difference. There was another new tower gun at the very top of Rocket pointed up high and aimed perfectly. That one gun alone was laying down silky smooth snow for almost 100 yards.

I tried to ski first chair to last, but only made it to 3 pm when the legs gave out from so many runs down Paulie's.

Today, Monday with 10 inches must have been sick.
Looked over to the Zoomer Bar a few times, but did not see any activity. Was it open?
I was not there. Had planned on it but was there Saturday. Wife has a broke foot so I felt guilt with her doing the groceries and other things in the yard. I am going tomorrow though.