weekend of 12/17-18? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This is an interest weekend for sure. Let's hope the rain is fast and brief overnight Saturday into Sunday.

This weekend is easy... Saturday ='s good Sunday ='s bad!

Sunday is going to be falling temps, flash freezing everything combined with likely a massive amount of wind holds, as some of the elevation forecasts are calling for sustained winds above 50, with much higher gusts
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Agree

Sat looks awesome, Sun looks wet and soft until 1pm or so and then get out the ice skates

Mon-Wed looks like the big resurface.

There has been a lot of talk about a warm up but I do not see anything significant besides Sunday for a bit. There are a few smaller warm up windows coming but nothing blow torch like. In fact, night time temps will be cold enough for a while to preserve base and the warmer temps may not cause too much damage. The toughest issue will be refreeze - and the resurfacing. Refreeze almost always results in resurfaced trails to get scraped off early, or they groom to early and golf ball sized death cookies are created.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

This doesn't look completely terrible for Northern NH.

Looks like a might be headed for another powder day at Snow Ridge Saturday. Multiple feet possible. I signed up for the company Christmas party, but I may have to blow that off.

Sent from my XT1064 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Looks like a might be headed for another powder day at Snow Ridge Saturday. Multiple feet possible. I signed up for the company Christmas party, but I may have to blow that off.

Sent from my XT1064 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I'm thinking of maybe hitting Snow Ridge Saturday as well...originally was planning on Gore but tough to pass up on pow especially with the way the forecast looks for Snow Ridge right now...plus the Lake Effect band is pretty intense as it is sitting now

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Well that just went to shit for everyone in a hurry (MRV north to Jay looks to make out best, and by best I mean least amount of rain). Much, much less of a front end thump and more liquid.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Well that just went to shit for everyone in a hurry (MRV north to Jay looks to make out best, and by best I mean least amount of rain). Much, much less of a front end thump and more liquid.
    We don't need this kind of negativity around here...!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Think we need to re-evaluate opinions of the NAM models. The 3 and 4k nailed the streamers and squall that gave MRV 10"+ last night and had it two days ago.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Thread Information