• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

X-mas warm-up....

dlague

Well this is looking pretty sweet for all of you!

1df279e13a6c71d050bbb027e7e5ba79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

snoseek

I sure do like the direction this thread is heading. I'm Storm skiing crotched Thursdays night (hopefully) and clearing everything that could interrupt skiing Sunday till Thursday. Work is dead and school is on break for a few more weeks.

bdfreetuna

I just have to post it because it's INSANE

yeah that's 75" at Mt Washington... 41" Mansfield, 31" Bolton, 2 feet high elevation Greens, 2-3+ feet high elevation Whites.

whoa.jpg

tnt1234

Hoy crap.

Leaving tomorrow. Very hard to concentrate at work right now. Can't wait for Friday morning....

Kleetus

Hoy crap.

Leaving tomorrow. Very hard to concentrate at work right now. Can't wait for Friday morning....

Same here. Unfortunately I'm not able to make it out until after NYE due to prior commitments and not being able to get out of work Friday.

Going to take it easy NYE and get up early Sunday to drive out to VT. K-Mart Sunday since it's a shorter drive. Monday not sure where, thinking Sugarbush if they get a nice dumping to open the natural back up.

SnowRider

Does anyone who has more meteorological knowledge than I have an opinion on the snow totals for Sugarloaf/Sunday River area vs. Wildcat/Cannon? Trying to decide where to go, even though it's really going to be great everywhere.

Puck it

Does anyone who has more meteorological knowledge than I have an opinion on the snow totals for Sugarloaf/Sunday River area vs. Wildcat/Cannon? Trying to decide where to go, even though it's really going to be great everywhere.
Any where with glades. All the snow is going into the woods.

Cornhead

Hoy crap.

Wish I could leave early ahead of the snow, but I'll have to travel early Friday morning. Thinking of Bolton Valley, or Magic, have Bohemia comps for both. Maybe stay overnight and hit both.

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

I'm driving up Thursday night. Trying to leave around 6 or so. Won't be too bad in MA (if it is even snow at that point in MA), parts of NH could be getting bad though.

benski

Good thing I am going to Snowbird tomorrow. Last I checked the forecast it will be 38 the first day then only 2 inches over the course of the trip.

drjeff

Looks like elevation is going to play a decent roll in this one, especially during the daylight hours and on the West and Southern sides of the storm - I'm driving up to Mount Snow tomorrow night, leaving NE CT about 3, based on the forecast from a met who I trust quite a lot, I'm thinking my ride over to i-91 in Springfield won't be too bad, then some snow, but not a ton up 91 to Brattleboro (hopefully reaching Bratt by 5:30/6 depending on traffic, and then the last 30 or so miles up to Mount Snow is where it's likely to become an interesting ride.

I'm already prepping myself mentally for a 5 to 6 hr ride, instead of the usual 2:40 it takes me - just going to take it slow and steady and play it smart and hope the yahoo's don't screw it up!!!