Pro forecasts for ski areas

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Pro forecasts for ski areas

    Does anyone know of companies/services that provide detailed weather forecasts for NE ski areas? If I recall there is an individual in NH that does this but I can't recall his name. I know of WSI, Accu, Weatherbell......



    Thanks
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Does anyone know of companies/services that provide detailed weather forecasts for NE ski areas? If I recall there is an individual in NH that does this but I can't recall his name. I know of WSI, Accu, Weatherbell......

    Thanks
    Tony Vazzano is his name. Doesnt have a webiste or blog that I know of. Ski areas pay him for their individual forecasts.

  3. #3
    mountain-forecast.com
    2016/2017: * = powder day
    Berkshire East [January 16, February 10]
    Bolton Valley [January 1, February 5*, February 19]
    Burke [December 17*, January 28*]
    Heavenly [March 5*, March 11]
    Jay Peak [January 29*, April 9]
    Jiminy Peak [November 26]
    Killington [December 4, December 10, April 8*, April 15]
    Kirkwood [March 8]
    Mad River Glen [February 25]
    Magic [February 13*]
    Mt Rose [March 7*]
    Mountain Snow [April 3]
    Northstar [March 10]
    Okemo [November 23]
    Pico [January 7*, February 18, March 19]
    Smuggler’s Notch [January 22]
    Stratton [February 4]
    Stowe [January 21]
    Sugarbush [January 2]
    Telluride [March 27, March 28*]
    Whiteface [February 12]

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Tony Vazzano is his name. Doesnt have a webiste or blog that I know of. Ski areas pay him for their individual forecasts.
    That's the guy! Thanks Tumbler. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    That's the guy! Thanks Tumbler. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.
    I like Roger Hill, he doesn't always forecast mtn amounts but it usually pretty good for upslope and has good local insight. His forecasts are central VT to NEK. Single Chair is a good read but is more long range and can be all over the place. Also use mountain forecast as tuna said above.

  6. #6
    I like Open Snow. They have been spot on! So far in any case.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  7. #7
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    5,634
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    I like Open Snow. They have been spot on! So far in any case.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    They are better with west forecasts than they are in the NE
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

  8. #8
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    26,271
    Items for Sale
    I was going to say Roger Hill. Resorts often have their own services....like MRG for example.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    They are better with west forecasts than they are in the NE
    NE Open Snow run by Plymouth State University Meterology Department Students
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:56 PM.