• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

SkiRay

We will be closing out at Ktown we hope. Certainly skiing there the next 2 weekends, taking Mother's Day off. Though we had talked about doing the hike over to Mount Washington with the kids.. We don't have a touring set up, so trying to figure if we backpack the skis, and then switch out or save it for when we get our touring kits. The kids seem into it too.

skicub

Sugarloaf - Monday 4/24

For the first time ever, I skiied on my birthday!!!! capping off an awesome winter and my most days ever in one season. I was on the Mountain for first chair and was greeted by mostly cloudy skies, but perfect temps around 34°.
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1493387537.182201.jpg
First few runs were crispy, but great. Wall to wall snow everywhere with very limited bare spots (base area excluded) Only things groomed were Tote Road and Kings Landing, with Peavy/Pinch/GinPole and a few paths down Lower Spillway and Sluice as well. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1493387567.333855.jpg
I skiied till about 1pm, when the sun softened things up a little too much for my late season legs. Got my tan and had lunch at the Beach after I got in my minimum 20K vertical.
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1493387694.678981.jpg
All in all, an amazing way to spend my birthday and close out this fantastic season!ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1493387590.677293.jpg

the cubbiest skier you've ever met

Jcb890

Anyone riding/skiing at Killington today?

I figured Sunday River would update their Snow Report today with info about tomorrow and Sunday, but so far nothing. The last update is from Tuesday.

prsboogie

Anyone riding/skiing at Killington today?

I figured Sunday River would update their Snow Report today with info about tomorrow and Sunday, but so far nothing. The last update is from Tuesday.

I want to say TIN and The MadRussian are there.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

A Basin today - sucked powder on all faces.

745fe3d5c59615ac7660a18e067aebde.jpg

00e44c1a8d6f7b9aeb31825823d67921.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Tomorrow is going to be tough for them. Any word on what happened with Barker?
There's enough snow piles around to spread out for tomorrow but it won't be pretty. Rock ski day. I was told The POS Barker chair needed a new drive belt. They couldn't figure that out yesterday after close
? Done with Boyne for at least a season and until I see some proactive maintenance, rather than reactive. A lot of people I spoke withh this morning had the same thoughts. Not a good start to the last day of pass sales before the next price increase.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

My wife and I did Sunday River on Saturday. It was our first time visiting.

The drive up from Central MA kind of sucked. Made it in about 3 hrs and 15 mins as opposed to the 3 hrs and 35 minutes my GPS told me. But, I was also doing 80-85 most of the way in MA and 85-90 most of the way in NH/ME before getting off the highway. People drive slow as fuck in Maine!! At least on Rt. 26 they did and that was quite annoying to me.

The riding was fun. Ecstasy and Sunday Punch was mostly what we stuck to, but I did also try Lazy River and Monday Mourning. I would have checked out Right Stuff, but was talking to a skier on the 3rd run of the day and he said he had to take his skis off 2-3 times and walk, so I passed on that. Top Gun was completely bare just about.

I was surprised Lazy River was open and I doubt it made it through the day on Saturday. There was a lot of dirt and rocks to dodge. It did look like there was some nicely spaced trees off of Lazy River though which would have been a lot of fun for me.

All in all, it was a really fun day and I was quite proud of my wife since I think that was the toughest terrain she had done to date with having to dodge rocks and dirt even on some steeper pitches. I think her season is now done, but I'll probably try and do 1-2 more days at Killington doing some Superstar laps.

Jully

My wife and I did Sunday River on Saturday. It was our first time visiting.

The drive up from Central MA kind of sucked. Made it in about 3 hrs and 15 mins as opposed to the 3 hrs and 35 minutes my GPS told me. But, I was also doing 80-85 most of the way in MA and 85-90 most of the way in NH/ME before getting off the highway. People drive slow as fuck in Maine!! At least on Rt. 26 they did and that was quite annoying to me.

The riding was fun. Ecstasy and Sunday Punch was mostly what we stuck to, but I did also try Lazy River and Monday Mourning. I would have checked out Right Stuff, but was talking to a skier on the 3rd run of the day and he said he had to take his skis off 2-3 times and walk, so I passed on that. Top Gun was completely bare just about.

I was surprised Lazy River was open and I doubt it made it through the day on Saturday. There was a lot of dirt and rocks to dodge. It did look like there was some nicely spaced trees off of Lazy River though which would have been a lot of fun for me.

All in all, it was a really fun day and I was quite proud of my wife since I think that was the toughest terrain she had done to date with having to dodge rocks and dirt even on some steeper pitches. I think her season is now done, but I'll probably try and do 1-2 more days at Killington doing some Superstar laps.

Glad you enjoyed it! Right Stuff definitely was hurting even 2 weeks ago, surprised it made it at all. The drive up 26 is definitely a tough one... Worse than 16 to Wildcat, though they have a lot of similarities 26 has slower drivers and fewer spots to pass. Looks like we will all be going to K now.

4aprice

Don't blame you!

Dave ,last weekend at Loveland, You gonna hit it? Its Abay now till ?, then summmer. They tell me that you come to Colorado for the winters and stay for the summmers. As one who enjoys the warm as much as the cold sounds like paradise to me. Enjoyed my expanded time in Colorado this year and looking forward to next. The boy comes home in a week for a short stint, which we will enjoy, then back to CO. Do enjoy summers on the lake here, would be the biggest thing I would miss leaving NJ.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ