• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

JimG.

Staff member
Dammit, stuff came up so I didn't make it to Platty today.

Guess I'll have to go Sunday instead when it is free for pass holders from other mountains.

chuckstah

Magic today. Very nice! A bit windblown early, but just needed a bit of traffic.
9d787519c4056ef3f89666b78614814f.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Bumpsis

Sunapee tomorrow (Sat). Got tempted to buy their spring pass. For $ 119, easy decision. Just a couple of trips and I'm the plus side. I'm sure it will be busy tomorrow but I'll get my fill, I'm sure.

Pez

Hit Butternut today. 100% open. nice spring conditions with plenty of cover... just a few bare spots here and there.

Anyone go to mount snow today? headed up there tomorrow.

skimagic

Perfect day for a freebie at Windham,, nice soft moguls all over the place. although the parking lot was beyond full, the steeper trails were lonely at times

IMG_20170319_131559723.jpg

Kleetus

Whiteface yesterday. Gore today. Both were off the charts awesome.

Probably best conditions I have ever skied at Whiteface. Skiing Lookout, which never spun until Saturday, and getting freshies on Hoyt's was also a sweet bonus.

Gore conditions were also among some of the best I can remember in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

Platty was refreshed nicely with 6" of fresh. Bumps and trees were great first thing. Trees got manky within a couple hrs of opening, bumps were good all day. Great to meet and ski with, moresnow, and Zand.
cf896bbfa5d2199744ce1c11fd803a9b.jpg

43572caa2419c708bd7a3567e7e0d53a.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Skied Pico. It was a very good day overall. Woods bit my skis a few times, some hard bites as well.

Best run was Upper Giant Killer overall. Bumps were good on Outpost area. Most of the groomers were fantastic hero snow except upper KA which was pretty hard packed.

The snow they got saved the mountain for sure. But it's not quite back to how good it was maybe a month ago.

bluebird

Also skied Pico today. Bumps softened up nicely in the afternoon. Had freebies to use up so I invited my daughter and her boyfriend to join me. Boy am I beat after trying to keep up with 20yr olds!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Skied Pico. It was a very good day overall. Woods bit my skis a few times, some hard bites as well.

Best run was Upper Giant Killer overall. Bumps were good on Outpost area. Most of the groomers were fantastic hero snow except upper KA which was pretty hard packed.

The snow they got saved the mountain for sure. But it's not quite back to how good it was maybe a month ago.
I hit some serious ice on KA Sat.

Sent from my LG-H901 using AlpineZone mobile app

cm0311

What's the trick with spring riding?

FreeE thaw cycle results in icey morning corduroy, softens up late morning early afternoon then by 2 is mash potatoe slush. This sound about right?

Trying to ride out the spring to get my money's worth but wanted to seek advice on when to go. Seems like sneaking in mid morning after sun has had some time on the slopes is most ideal?

chuckstah

Yes. That's the idea. 10-3 worked today. Every day is different. Some days are just icy groomer's, others become epic in a hurry with the sun and warmth.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app