• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo Mountain - 12/25/2016

WoodCore

A grey and very blustery sky made getting up out of bed a tad bit difficult but glad I made the effort! The skiing was pretty good, the crowds non-existent and it ended up becoming a beautiful, blue-bird day. Plenty of well covered open terrain to choose from at Okemo on Christmas Day.

Parked over at Jackson Gore and received almost immediate car to lodge shuttle service, it was like I parked my car in the drop off zone for the day. Score! Didn't have a ton of time to be on the hill so quickly headed out towards the South Face which turned out to be a very wise move! With the Glades Peak lift sitting idle, the only way to access the SF "pod" was via the catnap trail which isn't easy to find or conducive to snowboards. The difficult access left the South Face pretty much untouched. Up and down the lift I went and was almost able to make figure eights of my own tracks in the corduroy. By far the best skiing of 2016, including the part from last season I'm trying to forget.

After a couple runs on each open trail It was time to start heading back over to JG. Hit up a couple T2B classics on the front face, a quick trip into Solitude and the Morning Star basin then exited stage left.

Great day!!! It was my first time using the MAX Pass so ticketing took an extra minute but after seeing the window rate ($103.00 USD) I'm thinking it was a very wise investment.

Pictures

285.jpg

290.jpg

294.jpg

298.jpg

305.jpg

xlr8r

Nice! while I find Okemo a bit boring, I will probably spend one day there next weekend on my Max Pass unless Pico gets enough snow to reopen the natural trails.