• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Monday

kingslug

Well...it wasn't good..unless you are a racer..then it was awesome. The rain and freeze really set the place up hard. Everything was pretty much the same..hard and flat. Clairs was a really slick freefall..one and done on that one...left right before the freezing rain hit. They need some cold temps and ...snow..They have a good base...just pray for snow.

goldsbar

How were the crowds? Just curious because Belleayre was empty. No lift line on the quad. Hunter was skiing really well before the rain.

JimG.

Staff member
I was there; I enjoyed the snow but the wind in the afternoon was far less appreciated.

In the end wound up lapping Racers and Ike from D lift. That's where most of the snow was blowing.

kingslug

It takes a few weeks for me to get back in the Northeast frame of mind after I get back from the west. Funny how I heard Tuesday was totaly different. Warm air will do that....Hope this weekend..is a bit better.

gladerider

thinking about hitting up hunter tomorrow start my season. hope today's pow provides good cover.

keyser soze

Anybody have any intel on conditions? I'll be going tomorrow if anyone is around and wants to take a few runs. Blus pants and mustard yellow jacket.
Gregg