Global warming - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Global warming

Surprised that this thread has been allowed to go this far!

If you want to follow global warming more and talk or text like minds then go to Protect Our Winters. Or visit Greenpeace!

As a thread in AZ it always ends up bad and someone will get kicked off. Personally, no one really knows the climate history of this earth and what past trends were like when we were not around.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post

If you want to follow global warming more and talk or text like minds then go to Protect Our Winters. Or visit Greenpeace!
    Really ? Advocacy groups are never the best source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Personally, no one really knows the climate history of this earth and what past trends were like when we were not around.
    Wrong. While there are still lots of unknowns, we know a great deal about climates of the past at many different temporal scales. There are even scientific journals dedicated to this exact topic.
    Last edited by fbrissette; Jan 9, 2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Really ? Advocacy groups are never the best source of information.
    That's like referring someone to Greenpeace to learn about the science behind GMOs.

Stating that climate models are dramatically wrong (e.g. Tuna and Gomez) simply underline their lack of understanding of the physics of the climate
    In this case it's just comparing model predictions with the reality which then takes place. I may be a simple minded plebeian but graph-lookin' and chart-seein' always came easy to me.

I assume you are eminently qualified on the topic of climate science?
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Killington: 12/15] [Mount Snow: 11/27]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

It's only religion to people like you, BG, Tuna and idiots like Al Gore. It should be about science and only science. But people like you don't want to listen to the scientists. That's fine. You're probably very happy with your 'anti-science' new government.
    Oh puhlleeeze.... get off your self-righteous, omnipotent, global warming, high-horse.

I have multiple degrees in science and yet you bang on the keyboard here acting as if you're the only person here capable of "understanding" science.

(SEE: my previous post in this thread regarding the "arrogant" Global Warming viewpoint).
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Didn't Al say we should be underwater by now?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    That's like referring someone to Greenpeace to learn about the science behind GMOs.
    I do not follow either! Was toying around telling those who want to have a more productive conversation and feel good to talk to them - kind of a kumbaya of sorts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Didn't Al say we should be underwater by now?
    Al is an idiot with respect to global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Oh puhlleeeze.... get off your self-righteous, omnipotent, global warming, high-horse.

I have multiple degrees in science and yet you bang on the keyboard here acting as if you're the only person here capable of "understanding" science.

(SEE: my previous post in this thread regarding the "arrogant" Global Warming viewpoint).
    Congratulations on your multiple science degrees. They are clearly not related to climate science or climate modelling.

If calling you out on a topic you clearly don't understand (climate modelling) makes me arrogant, than so be it.

Al is an idiot with respect to global warming.
    But at least his carbon footprint is low... oh... wait...

Thread Information