Global warming - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Global warming

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Congratulations on your multiple science degrees. They are clearly not related to climate science or climate modelling.
    Neither are yours (and lucky for you given it's the "16th Century philosophy" or "Theater arts" degree of the science world).

If calling you out on a topic you clearly don't understand (climate modelling) makes me arrogant, than so be it.
    Nope, no arrogance there.

And given how almost inconceivably poorly those climate models have performed, one wonders how much the climate modelers "clearly" understand.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    But at least his carbon footprint is low... oh... wait...
    My favorite Al Gore greatest hit was when he sold his "environmentally conscious" TV network to one of the largest petroleum interests on planet earth.

My belly ached for days from laughing so hard!

2 things.

1. Climate is long term. In terms of climate a decade is a small unit of measure.

2. the 10 warmest years on record have all been within the last 20. so the earth is warming.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I assume you are eminently qualified on the topic of climate science?
    My name has been put on the '97% of scientists who believe in climate change' list. I've done research and published dozens of paper in journals such as: Climatic Change and International Journal of Climatology. I'm not a climate scientist/modeller (my field is hydrology/hydrometeorology) but I've worked with climate scientists, climate modellers and climate model outputs for the past 20 years. What's your qualification ?

With the rainfall forecasts, I woke up on the wrong foot and decided to call bullshit on your bullshit. Clearly that was a mistake and I'll go back to my 'don't react to that BS' mode.

You can definitely see the mood on this forum change when the weather goes bad. See all of last winter, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    And given how almost inconceivably poorly those climate models have performed...
    It's with blanket statements like these that you keep on discrediting yourself.

With the rainfall forecasts, I woke up on the wrong foot and decided to call bullshit on your bullshit. Clearly that was a mistake and I'll go back to my 'don't react to that BS' mode.
    I think Jay Peak should hold up ok with their 191" snowfall total by January 9.
    2016/2017: * = powder day
    Berkshire East [January 16, February 10]
    Bolton Valley [January 1, February 5*, February 19]
    Burke [December 17*, January 28*]
    Heavenly [March 5*, March 11]
    Jay Peak [January 29*, April 9]
    Jiminy Peak [November 26]
    Killington [December 4, December 10, April 8*, April 15]
    Kirkwood [March 8]
    Mad River Glen [February 25]
    Magic [February 13*]
    Mt Rose [March 7*]
    Mountain Snow [April 3]
    Northstar [March 10]
    Okemo [November 23]
    Pico [January 7*, February 18, March 19]
    Smuggler’s Notch [January 22]
    Stratton [February 4]
    Stowe [January 21]
    Sugarbush [January 2]
    Telluride [March 27, March 28*]
    Whiteface [February 12]

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I think Jay Peak should hold up ok with their 191" snowfall total by January 9.
    Jay Peak totals are on the optimistic side. There is however a solid 4-5 feet on the ground at higher altitudes that would translate to anywhere between 10 to 14 feet of snow. They are actually not that far off for upper elevations. There is half of that at the base (1800 feet) and almost nothing at Montgomery Center (200 feet).

I'm not worried about losing snow. The freeze-up will however ruin everything till the next snowfall. Backcountry conditions are incredible right now, especially considering it's early January. I'm not of fan of icy slopes at tunaspeed.

It's with blanket statements like these that you keep on discrediting yourself.
    Funny thing about science - if you're infrequently, occasionally, frequently, or often, wrong, you just may want to check your theory (or at least not be so dogmatically certain about it).

My name has been put on the '97% of scientists who believe in climate change' list.
    Is your name on any other bogus lists of dubious origin and ambiguously unverifiable mathematical calculation?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy.../#2f7c91977c6c

Thread Information