• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Global warming

Jully

You sure you guys want that?

Clearly this Global Warming thread is different from those prior. Folks are doing a wonderful job of persuading others towards their way of thinking no?

I agree it's quite cool to see. I just worry it'll blow up. I don't actually want that right now though, you're right.

jack97

Key word for the data presented is inertia.
We would all surely agree that an increase in CO2 at around year 2000 will not translate in an immediate increase in air temperature.
There is a significant lag time and a prominent change in the slope of the line you are looking for is not going to happen
Next there is the lag in the two mechanisms that cause sea level rise, ice melt and thermal expansion of ocean water.
More inertia and lag on even a longer time scale.
The part of sea level rise that freaks a lot of scientists is that even if CO2 and other forcing agents were to stabilize the rise will continue for quite awhile. physics at work.

Fake science

SIKSKIER

http://climatechangedispatch.com/wh...-global-warming-and-became-a-climate-skeptic/

After reading this article I spent time reading the comments which include dissenting views.Well behaved and constructive by both sides.This is how you have a discussion,listen to both and state your viewpoint.Not the usual garbage of "the discussion is over".Positions like that get an immediate dismisal of any of their argument.

kartski

You don't remember Bernie Sanders claiming it's the biggest threat to America's national security (not an Onion story by the way, he really said that)?

I don't recalled him being asked the question, he was aloud to make statements. Sponsors have no control over a statement. Don't recall a question since the You tube debate the cycle before with Mr Snowman.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

jack97

Funny, I think this from the same media group. If it's true we're heading for an ice age.

snowfall%20over%20the%20years%20Boston.png

BenedictGomez

When you hear about the “pause”, you are being misled. There was no pause............... When you are told that “climate gate” proves that scientists are deliberately trying to deceive the public, you are being misled.

Riggggggghhhhhhtttttt............ Whelp...... someone is definitely being "misled" alright, but it's not the people who question the validity of man-made Global Warming, it's you.

These "climate scientist's" frauds should be punished with criminal investigations.

February 5, 2017 - How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data.... NOAA report claimed the pause in global warming never existed, but it was based on misleading, ‘unverified’ data.

A high-level whistleblower has told this newspaper that America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) breached its own rules on scientific integrity when it published the sensational but flawed report, aimed at making the maximum possible impact on world leaders including Barack Obama and David Cameron at the UN climate conference in Paris in 2015.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rs-duped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html

benski

Riggggggghhhhhhtttttt............ Whelp...... someone is definitely being "misled" alright, but it's not the people who question the validity of man-made Global Warming, it's you.

These "climate scientist's" frauds should be punished with criminal investigations.

February 5, 2017 - How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data.... NOAA report claimed the pause in global warming never existed, but it was based on misleading, ‘unverified’ data.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rs-duped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html

What do you think the motive for manipulating climate date would be other than to get us to take climate change seriously.