What should you wear inside your ski jacket? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wish I took a selfie, we had 3" of LES at Greek yesterday, skied from 8:30 - 11:00, when I walked into the bar I pulled a one inch round glob of ice of off my stache, I tossed it towards my buddy's draft, but missed.

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Wish I took a selfie, we had 3" of LES at Greek yesterday, skied from 8:30 - 11:00, when I walked into the bar I pulled a one inch round glob of ice of off my stache, I tossed it towards my buddy's draft, but missed.

Sounds like a good way to get unwanted free beers. I look too comfy in that picture, must have just come out from a warm-up break.

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    I skied in WV over the weekend and yesterday was very cold for the mid-Atlantic. High temp in low single digits, but also strong wind and lots of guns blowing snow at you on trails and while riding lifts. At one point I had six layers on my upper body: 1) long sleeve under shirt (wool poly blend), 2) long sleeve poly shirt with high neck, 3) thin long sleeve sweater (silk blend), 4) long sleeve cotton shirt (worn last hour on slopes in final, desperate attempt to stay warm using every piece of clothing I had), 5) fleece vest, and 6) ski jacket with hood up! Other contributing factor: only groomers were open at the mtn I was at (Timberline, WV). Got to dress warmer for groomer skiing.

8Jan17

BTW, my fat head's blocking it, but lift tower that failed last year is right behind me.
    Ohhhh maahhhh gawwwwwd! An Epic Ski sticker shown on AlpineZone Zone! Where is the loyalty!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    Sounds like a good way to get unwanted free beers. I look too comfy in that picture, must have just come out from a warm-up break.
    Na, I drove! Probably woulda bought him a fresh one though, he's a wuss, he wouldn't have finished it. JK GD

Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Ohhhh maahhhh gawwwwwd! An Epic Ski sticker shown on AlpineZone Zone! Where is the loyalty!

Where's the owner?

Leave no turn unstoned!

Where's the owner?

Good point! Haha!

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I forgot what we're supposed to be talking about. I lost it after manssiere.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Help. Can anybody photoshop me to an AZ sticker?

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

I start out with a bro, or manssiere, especially if I'm anticipating skiing bumps. As others have stated, synthetics are your friend, nothing worse than skiing in a cold, soggy bro, except having your moobs flopping around. I know if my bump technique were better, my upper body, including my moobs, would be more calm, but for now I'll stick with the bro.

On groomer only days I skip the bro, the rythmic swaying of my moobs on groomers is not annoying at all. Follow other's layering advice from the bro outward.

Post of the year!
    JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD!! Wth is wrong with you!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Thread Information