• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Outeru face protection review

VTKilarney

I've been searching for many years for a product that will keep my nose warm, but won't cover up my entire face and get moist. I recently ordered an Outeru face mask and tried it out over the cold weekend that we just had.

The product can be found here:
http://www.outeru.com/products/faceglove-classic/

It's a super lightweight product, and to be frank feels a little cheaply made. The quality of construction is okay, but the materials aren't that impressive. But the price is only $20, so something probably had to give.

The first day I struggled a bit getting it to fit right without fogging up my goggles. I eventually gave up.

The second day it seemed to fit much better, and fogging wasn't an issue. The straps are a bit fiddly, but once they were in place they seemed to stay put.

The problem is that the fabric that covers your nose just isn't warm. The product helped somewhat, but not that much. If they just added a little something extra in the nose area it would have made a huge difference.

I was surprised when I broke for lunch that it had gotten moist. It really didn't feel like it was moist when I wore it, even after I put it on when lunch was over.

I will continue to use it on a cold day, and I think that it is probably worth $20, but it seems like with a couple of improvements it could be a much better product than it currently is.

Last edited:

Cornhead

Someone I know, who shall remain nameless, wears something that reminds me of this
fafcf5dd70c5f8beaf7907de5318eec6.jpg

I AM NOT AN ANIMAL..I AM A HUMAN BEING

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

bigbog

VT_K,
I would simply sew on additional fleece for a thicker nose cover. Anything softshell doesn't seem to stop the wind much. Might not be the most fashionable, but then again might get some friendly looks.
$.01