The second half - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 88

Thread: The second half

  1. #31
    NH news stations are calling for wide spread 5"-7". Saying it should finish up right around sun rise tomorrow. Is there any more to this that the weather nuts can weigh in on? Maybe some localized jackpots at elevation?
    Untitled.jpg


  2. #32
    Elevation is going to make a big difference expect higher amounts than that at elevation and maybe lower amounts in the valleys. I also would put the spine of the Greens including southern Greens and the ADK high peaks in the "good" zone.

    Latest GFS run shows a big hit for Mt Snow. NAM has it more evenly spread around depending on elevation with the best for central/south NH and central VT. I'm gonna wait to see who gets what and make my plans for the weekend accordingly.

    I think NoVT may do as well at elevation because it will snow there longer Wed into maybe Thurs. The snow might be less dense as well.
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; Jan 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM.
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Killington: 12/15] [Mount Snow: 11/27]

    2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Elevation is going to make a big difference expect higher amounts than that at elevation and maybe lower amounts in the valleys. I also would put the spine of the Greens including southern Greens and the ADK high peaks in the "good" zone.

    Latest GFS run shows a big hit for Mt Snow. NAM has it more evenly spread around depending on elevation with the best for central/south NH and central VT. I'm gonna wait to see who gets what and make my plans for the weekend accordingly.

    I think NoVT may do as well at elevation because it will snow there longer Wed into maybe Thurs.
    Awesome. I think I feel a cold coming on. Probably make a run for Southern NH tomorrow morning.

  4. #34
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by mccleaks View Post
    Awesome. I think I feel a cold coming on. Probably make a run for Southern NH tomorrow morning.
    It is going to be legit cement and there are going to be some serious screw holes. I'm still thinking Crotched for a jackpot. That 12z GFS is interesting though.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    It is going to be legit cement and there are going to be some serious screw holes. I'm still thinking Crotched for a jackpot. That 12z GFS is interesting though.
    Still should be better tomorrow than after warm days Thursday, Friday, Saturday though right? I'll take 30 degree cement over 40 degree slop

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    It is going to be legit cement and there are going to be some serious screw holes. I'm still thinking Crotched for a jackpot. That 12z GFS is interesting though.
    Crotched is where I was thinking too. I wonder how it'll be by the night though, or if I need to get sick and miss work. If its not snowing throughout the day, then that makes me feel the latter is the better option.

  7. #37
    Between NAM, GFS and Canadian it's like 3 different storms. My hope is that since it's going to be dense snow it won't get skied off and make a nice surface through the weekend.

    Could be the kind of snow that makes woods skiable even with a shallow base. We'll see!
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Killington: 12/15] [Mount Snow: 11/27]

    2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

  8. #38
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,972
    And now the Euro matches the high liquid totals the 12z GFS had in southern VT. This one is getting fun.

    It is a very disorganized deal and is reliant on some inflow/backbuilding to get over those 6" numbers in the Berkshires and southern VT. I still think southern NH areas are safe at 6"+, just a matter of whether southern VT grabs that enhanced, 1"+ per hour stuff in the early hours of the storm and then again between about 6-9 am. That would put them in the 6"+ category for Bromley, Magic, Mountain Snow, Stratton, and maybe even up to K/Pico.
    Last edited by Tin; Jan 17, 2017 at 1:12 PM.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

  9. #39
    This will be a fun one to watch on the VT webcams tonight.

  10. #40
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    This will be a fun one to watch on the VT webcams tonight.
    Yes, the mesos are all over the place for it. Could be 3-4" for that route 2 section of Mass into SVT or a lot more.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.