• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The second half

JonD

On my way to Sunapee also.
6'4" guy, blue jacket, black helmet with Alpine zone sticker, skiing on K2 Kung Fu has.

Say hi.

-w

Same here. Blue jacket, two-tone brown pants, black helmet, Rossi Souls.

bdfreetuna

Bromley - 4
Stratton - 5
Magic - 7

okie dokie

Hoping places that have a decent amount of snow but had to reduce their trail count a lot recently due to the freeze over... like Smuggs+Bolton+Burke... get a few more inches before the week is up and can drop plenty of ropes

A bit of maybe good news this crap next week is trending less bad.

tnt1234

Bromley - 4
Stratton - 5
Magic - 7

okie dokie

Hoping places that have a decent amount of snow but had to reduce their trail count a lot recently due to the freeze over... like Smuggs+Bolton+Burke... get a few more inches before the week is up and can drop plenty of ropes

A bit of maybe good news this crap next week is trending less bad.

Wow - that would be awesome....one more late turn around in a rain event??

Tin

Bromley - 4
Stratton - 5
Magic - 7

okie dokie

Magic reported about 3" last night on FB and looking at radar when things started to wrap this early this morning and bands were dropping SE Mt Snow and Magic got them. Aligns with those southern NH areas. Not sure why Stratton and Bromley got screwed though.

bdfreetuna

Here's some pre-storm trail counts I jotted down. Let's see who adds the most to the count. Sorry for people who don't ski VT with my bias..

Smuggs 41
Stowe 90
Jay 65
Mt Snow 52
Bolton 24
Killington 81

Stowe is already at 103 as of 9:31AM.

wtcobb

MWAC reported 3.5" at Hermit Lake. I had almost 3" in my driveway (1,400'), Cannon reporting less (1-2"), which seems very honest.

wtcobb

It was never supposed to do much there. Southern NH was the spot to be.

True. I was more hopeful for Mt. Wash instead with a swing north-northeast like the last storm. Forecasts as late as yesterday were calling for 5-8" but didn't come close.

Los

The Upper Valley had 2-3 inches so it seems hard to believe that sunappe received 8. but if they did, hopefully whaleback got enough to open more than the one trail they have open now (their website indicates 3 trails open plus the learning area but the 3 trails are just 3 parts of one top to bottom run...)...

wtcobb

Wildcat now claiming 7". That is not what I call a total bust.

MWObs calling 9" on the ground at the summit. I'll wager Wildcat's on point with that. I first looked at MWAC's 3.5" call at Hermit and thought they got little more than my NW corner.

EDIT: 24-hour track from Obs has less than 3":

https://www.mountwashington.org/experience-the-weather/current-summit-conditions.aspx

Paired with MWAC report this morning:

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanche...anche-advisory-for-wednesday-january-18-2017/

The 9" I saw was total reported ground cover (windblown):

https://www.mountwashington.org/experience-the-weather/mount-washington-weather.aspx

Not sure how the Cat would get an extra 4" on the other side of 16... anyone to verify?

deadheadskier

Staff member
From Facebook today

f00033ee14719244518ae0a08d48041a.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

wtcobb

Anyone seen the bottom of that ruler? :razz:

If they got it then sweet - considerably better news than what I saw/read this morning! I'm heading there Saturday, so count me as thankful if originally doubtful.