Good New England Bump Runs - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiMEbike View Post
    Sugarloaf has got to be one of the better bump Mtns with dedicated (for the most part) bump trails with a decent pitch in (listed in order of preference): Bubblecuffer, Winters Way, Misery Whip, Rip Saw, Skidder, Double Bitter.

Some other favorites from places I frequent....
    Sunday River: Ruby Palace, & Caramba
    Stowe: Starr, Goat, Chin Clip
    Agreed. When Ripsaw is good, it might be my favorite. Awesome character and always empty.

RIP Saddleback with Muleskinner.

Downdraft at SR too is nice, especially in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    I feel like a lot of those runs are groomed a lot in winter.
    There's very few runs, save natural trails, that NEVER see a groomer. Depending on the winter it can seem like a lot (last winter seemed like everything was groomed all the time)!

Some mountains seem to rotate trails that are groomed and bumped a lot like SB with FIS and K too. SL alternates between grooming and not grooming Skidder regularly. Most of my days at SL last year it seemed had a bump-less Skidder. Anyone have other mountains that do this frequently (versus Pats that always has Hurricane ungroomed).

I almost prefer a mountain to rotate because then, as long as there are SOME runs available, you get some variety in during the season. Of course, if a mountain just has no ungroomed available sometimes then its a problem though...

Talking about mogul skiing on alpinezone? NO WAY!!!
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Ripsaw is cool because if the drop about midway down. Skidder looks good but whenever I have been at SL there was a Mogul Comp happening on Skidder.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Ripsaw is cool because if the drop about midway down. Skidder looks good but whenever I have been at SL there was a Mogul Comp happening on Skidder.

Its pretty standard IMO. Steepish and down the fall line, but there are better trails at SL! The bumps are usually great (assuming they're not icy death) because of the comps though.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Jay Peak pomo line.. blue square narrow bump run
    Powerline at Killington is similar
    Poma line is a blue? Off the top of my head I would have said black, but I'm too lazy to actually check.

Either way, it's fun when the snow is good.

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Every time I was on FIS it was not bumped. You are talking ME side right? Then again I only skied Sugarbush during Ride and Ski weekend late season when ME was closed. I only listed the trails that I remembered. I skied Steins on May 1st on a free day and the bumps were beautiful large corn snow bumps.

hopped on FIS last year..big mistake..solid ice and rocks..with some bumps thrown in to make it interesting..that and watching people yard sale past me...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Lets not forget Annapurna at Hunter..when its open and all bumped up...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by moresnow View Post
    Poma line is a blue? Off the top of my head I would have said black, but I'm too lazy to actually check.

Either way, it's fun when the snow is good.
    Yep, one of the tougher blues I can think of.
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Bolton Valley: 2/19] [Bromley: 2/7] [Jay Peak: 4/11, 4/12] [Killington: 12/15, 1/10, 3/15*, 3/24] [Mad River Glen: 2/14, 3/9*] [Magic: 3/8***, 3/23] [Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/22*, 4/19] [Pico: 2/9] [Stowe: 2/15] [Sugarbush: 4/22]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 3/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Lets not forget Annapurna at Hunter..when its open and all bumped up...
    +1, Jimmy liked Anna, Jimmy slipped a little on the icy spots, but Jimmy still had fun!

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Thread Information