Good New England Bump Runs - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Surprised for Sugarbush that The Mall and Black Diamond haven't been mentioned.

Overall I think Sugarbush is the best mountain for bumps in the East. Killington being second best
    With all the love given to Sugarbush in this thread, which I do think is justified, I am surprised no one has mention Sunrise or Morning Star. They aren't always bumped up but I've had some great bump runs on them over the years. Not overly long but you can lap the North Lynx triple and get a lot of good runs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    With all the love given to Sugarbush in this thread, which I do think is justified, I am surprised no one has mention Sunrise or Morning Star. They aren't always bumped up but I've had some great bump runs on them over the years. Not overly long but you can lap the North Lynx triple and get a lot of good runs there.
    Very true! Morning Star with decent snow on it is actually one of my favorites at Lincoln Peak. Even last year I had some good runs down that one, especially the lower sections. Just not as challenging as my other favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    How were the conditions up there today?
    The dense snow from yesterday has bonded well on the natural snow trails. Tumbler and Hammerhead were the best they have been all season IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Forgot about Sunrise. 2014-2015 we had good conditions and Sunrise was really good with moderate bumps.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Forgot about Shockwave!! Wonderful trail.
    I had the worst run ever on that trail. first few turns were fine until I got to the first frozen whale. The 10 to 15 foot drop offs on the back of the whales were glare ice. so 2 turns ice whale, 2 turns ice whale over and over again to the bottom.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I had the worst run ever on that trail. first few turns were fine until I got to the first frozen whale. The 10 to 15 foot drop offs on the back of the whales were glare ice. so 2 turns ice whale, 2 turns ice whale over and over again to the bottom.
    I feel your pain. Sounds like we had the exact same experience. I felt great at the top, small soft moguls. Then massive ice whales. I was half way down the steep ice whales and three snow borders came over the drop. They all fell then kept their boards off and slid from mogul to mogul on their butts. I fell 4 times, bad falls with long slides. (these weren't icy, they were unedgable ice) . My goal was not to be passed by the snow boarders. I skied out before them, barely. I remember stopping to check I had all my equipment one glove was in the front of my jacket. I thought I had left that glove behind. Scariest run of my life. There were two signs at the top, I think they said "expert only" with skull and cross bones written in black magic marker.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Shockwave can be the best, or worst, trail on any given day. I had some of the best runs of my season last year on the last weekend it was open. Mid April. Bumps were not huge, or zippers, but after the mandatory short walk it skied great.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Victoria @ Whiteface [/end topic]

When they let that bump up it would be a double-diamond elsewhere, and it gets way worse than in this picture. Whiteface in general is "no kid gloves" when it comes to their trail ratings.

I'd add Empire at WF to the list when it's open. Nice narrow bumps

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    +1, Jimmy liked Anna, Jimmy slipped a little on the icy spots, but Jimmy still had fun!

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app
    Did Jimmy lose his hat or did he keep it on?

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app
    Last edited by MadMadWorld; Jan 19, 2017 at 7:56 PM.

Thread Information