• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I Hate Road Closures to Our Ski Areas for Avi Work.....

Bumpsis

Than is interesting but not terribly relevant to us here in NE, unless one plans to travel out to Salt Lake ski areas. I wish I were...

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

4aprice

Parley's rarely closes. Sometimes you have to go around. I bet DV is off the wall right now. An expensive ticket that actually might be worth it right now.:lol:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Hawkshot99

Parley's rarely closes. Sometimes you have to go around. I bet DV is off the wall right now. An expensive ticket that actually might be worth it right now.:lol:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
My friend moved to UT and is a cop in Park City. He says on a powder day, Deere Valley is always his 1st choise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

There have been lots of road closures due to Avalanche danger according to CDOT even I-70, close to Loveland. The past month has been crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Scruffy

But it can be good to be interlodged at Alta/Bird if: a) no one get's caught in avalanche and injured or worse, b) the lifts are running, c) you can put your life on hold and enjoy the powder day with the LC canyon road closed and the only ones on the slope are those lodging at Alta/Bird.

ScottySkis

But it can be good to be interlodged at Alta/Bird if: a) no one get's caught in avalanche and injured or worse, b) the lifts are running, c) you can put your life on hold and enjoy the powder day with the LC canyon road closed and the only ones on the slope are those lodging at Alta/Bird.
Yes found memories of that .

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mishka

in OP text ... closure from 3 PM to 9 AM following morning it means by 9:30 latest maybe 9:45 everybody who stock on the road will be at the resort..... One maybe two runs to remember..... if and that is big IF best stuff actually opens

also it means possibility those who didn't leave resort in time from day before stock there overnight

kingslug

I actualy had a good time while interlodged in Watsons...watched thunder snow...screamed thundersnow like Jim Cantore..quite fun...then we went outside and skied the 5 inches that fell...on top of the 12 that had fallen...

TheArchitect

Than is interesting but not terribly relevant to us here in NE, unless one plans to travel out to Salt Lake ski areas. I wish I were...

I'm going out to Alta/Snowbird at the end of February and staying at Goldminer's. First trip out west and it looks like I picked a good year.

snoseek

Some friends got evacuated out of employee housing at Kirkwood and put into condos in a safer spot.....

What am I fucking doing with my life