Colorado - April 2017 trip planning

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Colorado - April 2017 trip planning

Will be in boulder on Sat 4/7 for daughter's school stuff. we will fly in Thurs night, ski Eldora on Friday (assuming they are still open) then do our school stuff on the weekend.

after that want to drive to the mountains for a few days skiing. Did similar trip last year and as much as i like breck i can't deal with the $150+ window price.

Thoughts on where to go for some mid week skiing at a reasonable cost? abasin for sure, i was thinking of trying something new.. like cooper?
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

I did A basin and Loveland a week later last year. Lots of tickets were floating around in the parking lots. Have some cash. Loveland had more snow. Stayed in Georgetown. Pretty close.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I did A basin and Loveland a week later last year. Lots of tickets were floating around in the parking lots. Have some cash. Loveland had more snow. Stayed in Georgetown. Pretty close.
    I also used liftopia last year for A Basin and a bogo that can be picked up at gas stations down in the metro area for Copper In April it was pretty easy to get good deals. Its a great time to be out there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

There are always lots of Copper, Abay and Loveland vouchers on Ebay as the end of the season nears. People always over purchase 4 packs etc.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    Will be in boulder on Sat 4/7 for daughter's school stuff. we will fly in Thurs night, ski Eldora on Friday (assuming they are still open) then do our school stuff on the weekend.

after that want to drive to the mountains for a few days skiing. Did similar trip last year and as much as i like breck i can't deal with the $150+ window price.

Thoughts on where to go for some mid week skiing at a reasonable cost? abasin for sure, i was thinking of trying something new.. like cooper?
    Loveland is a great place and should be 100% open. Cooper is fun and somewhat smaller. We skied there last February and are about to go ski it again. Look up the Gems Card - it is $25 and gets you 16 2 for 1 deals at 8 ski areas. If you buy in advance 7 day then the lift tickets are often less for Vail resorts. I also have 18 buddy tickets with Keystone for $89 and if the right day you can ski until 8 pm.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

thanks for all the tips
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Winter Park is closing (as of now) April 23rd. Thinking about a date with the Jane and hitting the last 3 days if possible. Fares are low and I'm jonesing CO more then ever after just getting back.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Winter Park is closing (as of now) April 23rd. Thinking about a date with the Jane and hitting the last 3 days if possible. Fares are low and I'm jonesing CO more then ever after just getting back.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I'm with you....just sitting here dying to take a trip. I've got a week break in mid march and its tempting to catch a flight and I may but really I should just suck it up and save my money for a permanent move in the fall.

We were in Colorado 3 weeks ago and rode 4 days at Copper and I have now taken the plunge...

Next week we'll be in Big Sky, Montana. I figured we already did Colorado, so want to try somewhere else. Come late March or April, I'm probably going to be itching for somewhere else. Colorado was a blast, we'd definitely go back.

I was probably better off not knowing what it was like riding West of New England. Now people ask me how conditions are and I say "Great! (for New England)" when in my heart I know it is shit compared to out West.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    We were in Colorado 3 weeks ago and rode 4 days at Copper and I have now taken the plunge...

Next week we'll be in Big Sky, Montana. I figured we already did Colorado, so want to try somewhere else. Come late March or April, I'm probably going to be itching for somewhere else. Colorado was a blast, we'd definitely go back.

I was probably better off not knowing what it was like riding West of New England. Now people ask me how conditions are and I say "Great! (for New England)" when in my heart I know it is shit compared to out West.
    Yup definitely bitten by the bug! I get it!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information