Colorado - April 2017 trip planning - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Went to Snowmass / Aspen last year late March early April. Recommend it for sure. Really liked Snowmass. First time there and Aspen, good town to hang out in, walk around, people watch....She can definitely entertain herself for a few days there. I think it has the whole package deal there - great skiing, Snowmass has everything from groomers to steeps, plenty of altitude so you should have good conditions, Aspen is fun to hang around in. Plenty of different happy hours to hit. If you have wheels she can head north toward Glenwood Springs and go up there and enjoy the lounging in the hot spring / pools.
    this sounds interesting.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19

Well the saving grace is colder temps at night. Weather is starting to cool down after today. Snow is expected this week and it looks like we make get into a pattern of goodness. I would not dismiss Steamboat just yet. There are plenty of options once you are here or allow your choice to be determined the week before.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

my biggest concern at this point is that a lot of the places i'm looking to ski (trying to find a new never been to place) are targeting the 4/16 weekend as closing date. i'm a little worried that they won't be putting in much effort in the week leading up to that with less mid-week traffic.

but as they say... a bad day of skiing in the west beats a good day in the east
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post

but as they say... a bad day of skiing in the west beats a good day in the east
    Good thing I did not post that! I am still happy with the season as a whole. Pretty consistent overall! No deep freezes, lots of terrain and with about 25 days in still finding new trails!

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Gonna be in CO weekend of April 21-23, flying in and out of Denver and with a place to stay in Ft. Collins.

What seems most likely to be open and decent then?
    Last edited by Ski2LiveLive2Ski; Mar 21, 2017 at 8:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski2LiveLive2Ski View Post
    Gonna be in CO weekend of April 23-25, flying in and out of Denver and with a place to stay in Ft. Collins.

What seems most likely to be open and decent then?
    I guess the closest to be guaranteed to be open then is Loveland at about 2 hours from Ft. C. A-Basin too, just a few minutes farther. Some of the others like Winter Park, Copper, Breck, Keystone, Vail, etc you will have to verify if they are still open then.

Thanks, edited as I meant to say weekend of 21st-23rd

Items for Sale
    It ain't over yet.....at least not in Utah. I imagine that CO has a similar forecast this week:

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for the western two thirds of
    Utah and southwest Wyoming.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight

Gusty southwest winds will bring another mild day to the region.
    The threat of showers increases tonight with the arrival of a cold
    front.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday

A storm system will affect the region Wednesday and Thursday.
    Showers will become more widespread midweek and may be locally
    heavy especially across portions of southern Utah and northwest
    Utah. Snow levels fall from near 9000 feet Wednesday morning, to
    7000 feet by Thursday morning. Significant snowfall is possible in
    the mountains, with winter driving conditions on the mid and high
    elevation roadways.

Another cool and wet storm is expected for the upcoming weekend.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Today 3/21/17 from NWS, the LCC I know and love:
    Wednesday
    Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 41. South wind 14 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
    Wednesday Night
    Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 30. South wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
    Thursday
    Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 30. West northwest wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
    Thursday Night
    Snow showers. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    Today 3/21/17 from NWS, the LCC I know and love:
    Wednesday
    Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 41. South wind 14 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
    Wednesday Night
    Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 30. South wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
    Thursday
    Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 30. West northwest wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
    Thursday Night
    Snow showers. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
    Yes sir!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information