Vail to buy Stowe? - Page 64

AlpineZone

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRock View Post
    Yes but if you go to 'experiences' on EpicPass Stowe is listed, as is the midwest, as is Europe. And exactly as you note... Snow.com doesn't list Stowe at all which is odd. When I bought the pass earlier this year, it had me purchase through Snow.Com but now it looks like they updated EpicPass.com which acts as their pass eCommerce site now... but as an example my pass info doesn't seem to be detailed there, but it is when I login to snow.com. Again some of this could be completely intentional, but I wouldn't be surprised if their web architecture hasn't caught up to their buying spree.
    Are you logging in to both sites with the same username and password? I just tried with mine and both show the same account information and photo for the pass.

Winner winner chicken dinner

The towns are going to get some dough and the town of Stowe already got 100,000 with more on the way

http://vtskiandride.com/katz-58m-mountain-towns/
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Parking lot pic: 123_1.jpg

Stowe lift ticket rates are up, not to much of an increase (except for the early and late season bypass rates significantly increased), but they don't show any window ticket prices yet. They did switch to a peak / non peak structure instead of the regular and early/late season structure.

They have only announced 48 hour advanced purchase prices:

https://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/lift/

Note that Stowe Bypass is history. Overall prices are not as scary as they could be.

Guess I am going to eat my words about Stowe Mountain Lodge and Vail actually working together to promote the resort and SML. They basically have stripped the website or downplayed SML and the golf course, spa and a couple of restaurants are completely removed. They don't have a link to the real estate website. Very surprised the AIG would have agreed to that as part of the sale. Pretty much a guarantee that you are going to see something built at the base of Toll House in the coming years, which will be a driver for a new lift.

They still participate in Ski Vermont passes + CT ski club days.
    2017/2018:
    [Mount Snow: 11/27]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    They have only announced 48 hour advanced purchase prices:

https://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/lift/

Note that Stowe Bypass is history. Overall prices are not as scary as they could be.
    Wait....so no bypass means you have to actually purchase the lift ticket? You can't just link your CC and show up at the lift? that sucks.

And 48 hour advanced best rate sucks too...a lot can happen in 48 hours in VT....

And also....what the hell kind of place is that to put the parking lot??? Thats the Gondi run out!

It's actually not as intrusive as I thought it would be....

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Wait....so no bypass means you have to actually purchase the lift ticket? You can't just link your CC and show up at the lift? that sucks.

And 48 hour advanced best rate sucks too...a lot can happen in 48 hours in VT....
    you can still load an evolution stowe card for straight to lift. it seems they just eliminated bypass special pricing
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    And also....what the hell kind of place is that to put the parking lot??? Thats the Gondi run out!

It's actually not as intrusive as I thought it would be....
    that place actually makes a lot of sense for a parking lot. its dead space between the gondola loading barn and the midway lodge.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Thread Information