• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bad news , I'm done.

hrstrat57

hang in, best wishes for an amazing recovery!!!

Still holding out hope we will share a chair and a buttery ski slope some day soon!

mriceyman

Hell i would love to break 80.. and im happy when i break 90 lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SkiFanE

I'm so sorry - but also know when you get fixed up you are not done skiing. I can't imagine your frustration when you rely on your body to do the things you love and it fails. I've never golfed - but that's a hard sport?! Lmao...just razzing. Keep your chin up, stay outdoors in fresh air and enjoy it as much as you can during recovery. You've got this

Warp Daddy

hang in, best wishes for an amazing recovery!!!

Still holding out hope we will share a chair and a buttery ski slope some day soon!

STRATMAN !!! Dude THAT would be. EPIC :cool:.. Part of my mental health break in recovery will be playin this nasty assed puppy image.jpgbut leaving the rug on the shelf. Bwaaa hahahaha

Warp Daddy

But in reality that LP weighs a ton so may end up playing this badboy more often . It has nice tonal output and is very light so less strain on the hip image.jpg

hrstrat57

Traded my 11# 1973 Les Paul Deluxe for a 2001 Nashville built Gibson ES335 for pretty much that reason....unplayable on stage. Too heavy!

The 335 is a good one so I feel the deal was fair but the new owner loves the Deluxe and gigs with it....ha ha he is a beast!

Most of my guitar time tho is being spent with a reissue Fender 72 Thinline Tele. I had an original 1974 72 Thinline that was junk. This reissue is fabulous.

00T0T_erqgVs2Xy94_600x450.jpg

These guys are takin a nap!

DSC_3769_00002.jpg

Warp Daddy

Nice Axe Quiver !!!! I got my two plus a third one a cheap fender knock off . I play strictly for fun except when my sons and grandsons are here for extended stays a couple times a yr . ONE of the GRANDboys is a serious drum monkey and so we got rhythm guys , lead guys , bass guys and the monkey . One of us can carry a tune vocally so its interesting Bwaaa haahhaha

i am a hacker , strictly a legend in my own mind ;) but have a lot of phun with it .

I use a Boss GT 6 trick box with beaucoup effects and cabinet models and also just picked up a new Vox amp 120 with a bunch of effects but also other stuff that allows you to customize sound and cabinets . Thanks for sharing , btw i love that. Tele , never played one ........want one bwa hahaha .

You know the insanity boys n toys and all that .

Thanks again

hrstrat57

Culled herd huge last couple years. Down to 6 electrics and one Yamaha acoustic and a USA Fender Standard Jazz Bass.
All my vintage tube amps are sold off running a Vox AC15 C1 with a few mods. Sounds great got tired of maintaining the vintage Fender amps.

Guitar tip tip of the decade ? Get a looper. Got a basic Boss RC1. Best thing I've done for my playing since completing Berklee Guitar Method 1,2 and 3!!! Plenty of YouTube demos. If you check my Instagram feed I put up some looper noodling with my pink 86 Tokai strat. Trust me get a looper!!

Since you seem to like pics..... :)

IMG_2383.jpgIMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

crank

I am picking up a MIM Tele this evening! I gig 2-3 times a month in a modern country band and have been using my Schecter Strat. Tele should add a bit of twang to my sound. Band will be surprised when I show up with the Tele Friday night.

I have played many a Les Paul in shops and always told myself it was just too dang heavy. My back would be killing me after a gig with one of those beasts strapped around my neck.

hrstrat57

I am picking up a MIM Tele this evening! I gig 2-3 times a month in a modern country band and have been using my Schecter Strat. Tele should add a bit of twang to my sound. Band will be surprised when I show up with the Tele Friday night.

I have played many a Les Paul in shops and always told myself it was just too dang heavy. My back would be killing me after a gig with one of those beasts strapped around my neck.

Yep and my 73 Deluxe went beyond heavy....it was a beaut tho with awesome tone. Can't even play a Les Paul comfortably as a lap sit down guitar IMHO so it was time to go. Like I said the guy who I traded with for the ES335 loves it. So we are both happy, which is nice. I love the 335!

This was her, new owner put a Lollar Mini Humbucker back in. I had a PRS Dragon you can see placed in the bridge position - not routed .....

unnamed.jpg

The current MIM tele's are sweet, most models are fantastic. Not a big fan of the standards but all the versions based on 50's tele are fantastic currently. Baja are killer but a lot of folks are bitchin about the poly finish failing.....

Just played a MIM classic player 50's style with nitro finish, alnico pups and reverse tone controls the other day for a long time at my GC. It was absolutely awesome!

Another winner is the Squire Classic Vibe 50's. You have to change out all the electronics and the jack but other then that perfect.....can buy completely done electronics on eBay from quality sellers for $50 so easy peazy with super quality parts and soldering.....if I wasn't committed to culling the herd I would have already bought one of those. The Squire VM 72 Thinline is real nice too!

Last edited:

jimk

What kind of guitar is John McLaughlin playing in this concert with Carlos Santana from 2016? See wicked solo at about 41:30. It looks very light and small. Santana plays really great in this concert too.

Suck at the guitar, but was always a fan of good players. Way back in my college days early-mid 70s I saw McLaughlin play, also Frank Zappa, Billy Gibbons, Jan Akkerman (of Focus). Other players I've seen over the years: BB King, George Benson, Larry Coryell, Charlie Byrd, Derek Trucks

Last edited:

crank

I looked it up and it's made buy a guy called Mike Sabre. He also uses a Paul Reed Smith, which is what Santana uses I think.

Warp Daddy

Ok 2 weeks after surgery : Surgery went very well , only an hr and 20 minutes NOT the 3 to 5 hrs expected . Why , because the femoral device that was too short was SO loose it came out easily , so no additional ry good bone needed to be broken or longer incision made . SPent 2 nites in the hospital during the blizzard of 17 . My daughter and son from LIttleton' Ma and Manhattan came to Saratoga to drive us home 4 hrs north . They stayed 5 days to help us out .

Had 3 pt sessions so far , mobility is very good , no more bobbing !! Can balance on a soft raised platform while blind folded and pt gently nudges me , can do squats , leg lifts , side outs and a drill that simulated the old football drill of lifting knees thru a tire obstacle course. Also got thru a Chicane style obstacle course and climbed stairs , ramps etc . Walking about 500 - 800 ft . STARTING To use the cane instead of walker BUT inside only till ice and snow melts . Went back to Sratoga this past tues /wed to remove surgical staples . They cut me in the SAME incisions no no additional scarring .

pt now 3 times a week plus home routines , I WILL listen to the ole BOD this time thru rather than going Balls to the Wall lik3 i did a yr an half ago .. Btw bone density was very good so no cement .. My gait is way better now

only reall issue is the god awful fissure i got in the butt six months ago from an IV drip opiodals when i was hospitalized foe Aflutter . This beotch is extreme pain for about 6-7 hrs after a dump . I had the bastard botoxed but not much relief . These tend to take a loooong tim3 and may require additional botoxing or intervention ...ugh . For yrs i have been i PIA and NOW i got one dammit :razz:

BTW unsolicited commentery from my surgeon " I see you skiing next season " he is a glade runner himself so gets it

VERY thankful gor all the medical wizardry and great support of. Family and friends . Got home our Chief Med Officer bought me some very cool guitar books and stuff , other friends cooked us seberal dinners , desserts etc and have had beaucoup calls so i am a lucky old sumbitch !

Glenn

You got this Warp! See you on the hill next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hrstrat57

Ok 2 weeks after surgery : Surgery went very well , only an hr and 20 minutes NOT the 3 to 5 hrs expected . Why , because the femoral device that was too short was SO loose it came out easily , so no additional ry good bone needed to be broken or longer incision made . SPent 2 nites in the hospital during the blizzard of 17 . My daughter and son from LIttleton' Ma and Manhattan came to Saratoga to drive us home 4 hrs north . They stayed 5 days to help us out .

Had 3 pt sessions so far , mobility is very good , no more bobbing !! Can balance on a soft raised platform while blind folded and pt gently nudges me , can do squats , leg lifts , side outs and a drill that simulated the old football drill of lifting knees thru a tire obstacle course. Also got thru a Chicane style obstacle course and climbed stairs , ramps etc . Walking about 500 - 800 ft . STARTING To use the cane instead of walker BUT inside only till ice and snow melts . Went back to Sratoga this past tues /wed to remove surgical staples . They cut me in the SAME incisions no no additional scarring .

pt now 3 times a week plus home routines , I WILL listen to the ole BOD this time thru rather than going Balls to the Wall lik3 i did a yr an half ago .. Btw bone density was very good so no cement .. My gait is way better now

only reall issue is the god awful fissure i got in the butt six months ago from an IV drip opiodals when i was hospitalized foe Aflutter . This beotch is extreme pain for about 6-7 hrs after a dump . I had the bastard botoxed but not much relief . These tend to take a loooong tim3 and may require additional botoxing or intervention ...ugh . For yrs i have been i PIA and NOW i got one dammit :razz:

BTW unsolicited commentery from my surgeon " I see you skiing next season " he is a glade runner himself so gets it

VERY thankful gor all the medical wizardry and great support of. Family and friends . Got home our Chief Med Officer bought me some very cool guitar books and stuff , other friends cooked us seberal dinners , desserts etc and have had beaucoup calls so i am a lucky old sumbitch !

:daffy:

prsboogie

Great news Warp. Definitely need to push for the hills next season, maybe January!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone