Bad news , I'm done. - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hang in, best wishes for an amazing recovery!!!

Still holding out hope we will share a chair and a buttery ski slope some day soon!

Hell i would love to break 80.. and im happy when i break 90 lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I'm so sorry - but also know when you get fixed up you are not done skiing. I can't imagine your frustration when you rely on your body to do the things you love and it fails. I've never golfed - but that's a hard sport?! Lmao...just razzing. Keep your chin up, stay outdoors in fresh air and enjoy it as much as you can during recovery. You've got this

Quote Originally Posted by hrstrat57 View Post
    hang in, best wishes for an amazing recovery!!!

Still holding out hope we will share a chair and a buttery ski slope some day soon!

STRATMAN !!! Dude THAT would be. EPIC .. Part of my mental health break in recovery will be playin this nasty assed puppy image.jpgbut leaving the rug on the shelf. Bwaaa hahahaha
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

But in reality that LP weighs a ton so may end up playing this badboy more often . It has nice tonal output and is very light so less strain on the hip image.jpg
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Traded my 11# 1973 Les Paul Deluxe for a 2001 Nashville built Gibson ES335 for pretty much that reason....unplayable on stage. Too heavy!

The 335 is a good one so I feel the deal was fair but the new owner loves the Deluxe and gigs with it....ha ha he is a beast!

Most of my guitar time tho is being spent with a reissue Fender 72 Thinline Tele. I had an original 1974 72 Thinline that was junk. This reissue is fabulous.

00T0T_erqgVs2Xy94_600x450.jpg

These guys are takin a nap!

DSC_3769_00002.jpg

Nice Axe Quiver !!!! I got my two plus a third one a cheap fender knock off . I play strictly for fun except when my sons and grandsons are here for extended stays a couple times a yr . ONE of the GRANDboys is a serious drum monkey and so we got rhythm guys , lead guys , bass guys and the monkey . One of us can carry a tune vocally so its interesting Bwaaa haahhaha

i am a hacker , strictly a legend in my own mind but have a lot of phun with it .

I use a Boss GT 6 trick box with beaucoup effects and cabinet models and also just picked up a new Vox amp 120 with a bunch of effects but also other stuff that allows you to customize sound and cabinets . Thanks for sharing , btw i love that. Tele , never played one ........want one bwa hahaha .

You know the insanity boys n toys and all that .

Thanks again

Culled herd huge last couple years. Down to 6 electrics and one Yamaha acoustic and a USA Fender Standard Jazz Bass.
    All my vintage tube amps are sold off running a Vox AC15 C1 with a few mods. Sounds great got tired of maintaining the vintage Fender amps.

Guitar tip tip of the decade ? Get a looper. Got a basic Boss RC1. Best thing I've done for my playing since completing Berklee Guitar Method 1,2 and 3!!! Plenty of YouTube demos. If you check my Instagram feed I put up some looper noodling with my pink 86 Tokai strat. Trust me get a looper!!

Since you seem to like pics.....

IMG_2383.jpgIMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

Maybe this linky will work @warpdaddy though you will probably have to sign into your IG account to hear audio...

Some real raw looper noodling AC15 straight in. Triple tracked Tokai Strat

https://instagram.com/p/BK3dihABibB/
    Last edited by hrstrat57; Feb 1, 2017 at 2:08 PM.

I am picking up a MIM Tele this evening! I gig 2-3 times a month in a modern country band and have been using my Schecter Strat. Tele should add a bit of twang to my sound. Band will be surprised when I show up with the Tele Friday night.

I have played many a Les Paul in shops and always told myself it was just too dang heavy. My back would be killing me after a gig with one of those beasts strapped around my neck.
    form is a 4 letter word

Thread Information