• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bad news , I'm done.

Warp Daddy

Update : had 6 week ck up , all xrays show solid implant, properly aligned with no issues . Now driving snd walking 8 blocks a day with cane. Go to pt 3 times a week going well.in addition to beaucoup exercises and stretch am doing two machines for 30 minutes . I am now able to sleep on both sides in a bed ,no longer limited to sleeping on my back .

Best of all that damned fissure that was intensly painful for 8 hrs a day has healed after botoxing and a 200 dollar salve that my damned insurance refused to pay ( bastards ��). So life is better . Doc says i can use my irons and wedges in the late summer , no silly stick till nect season tho . These reconstruction surgeries take longer to rehab than a first instance surgery But. The good news is i am on pace with the weekly goals for 7 weeks FOR FIRST INSTANCE SURGERIES in terms of what i am able to do .

so far so good ��

jimk

What's the old saying...getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative. Whether you know it or not, tackling your health issues with grace and gumption sets a great example for all your friends and family...including us. Every one of us will face something like what you are facing sooner or later. A win for you is a win for us!

Warp Daddy

What's the old saying...getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative. Whether you know it or not, tackling your health issues with grace and gumption sets a great example for all your friends and family...including us. Every one of us will face something like what you are facing sooner or later. A win for you is a win for us!

Jimk you nailed it !! This is exactly why i post this stuff . I hope to help others realize that you just have to try your best to stay positive and do whatever is necessary to get through stuff and that age while an issue is not always an insurmontable barrier . You folks all have helped me tremendously with your support too .

for that i am extremely grateful !
w

Warp Daddy

Quick update : 6 months in , walking 2 miles a pop , playing golf , doc cleared me for skiing . He advised strictly to cruising groomers
i will have to get used to it again, missed the last TWO seasons with this stuff . NIce ro have stability and options

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Quick update : 6 months in , walking 2 miles a pop , playing golf , doc cleared me for skiing . He advised strictly to cruising groomers
i will have to get used to it again, missed the last TWO seasons with this stuff . NIce ro have stability and options
Great new Warp! Take it slow and just enjoy getting outnon snow again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app

Warp Daddy

Thanks guys ! Gary my report will bore you tears , after all i ,ll be in my 75 th year next May and havent been on skis for two seasons and will have to conquer my own nervous jitters again and probably will be on low level stuff .......Not exactly the stuff for epic reports :dunce:

But just getting the green light for it was a real boost , but man do i NEED to get back into shape after these last 2 years

gmcunni

i ,ll be in my 75 th year next May and havent been on skis for two seasons and will have to conquer my own nervous jitters again and probably will be on low level stuff .......

the mere fact that you post a trip report, considering your description above, makes it worth reading. cheers to you Warp! :beer:

dlague

Great to here! Hoping everything is smoothing sailing from here on!

hrstrat57

Hope to see you on the hill down the road friend!