Help locating a specific helmet ...

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help locating a specific helmet ...

I was up at Lake Placid a couple weeks ago and saw this helmet I'm interested in that some guy was wearing in the gondola. The goggles were fitted to the underside of the helmet, but were also fitted to a bottom motorcycle type lower portion. That lower portion was removable (snap out). He also said it was originally only available out of the country, but recently became available in the US. This years model apparently had a bluetooth upgrade as well. The visor is a magnetically attached as well. Appreciate the help....should have taken a picture.

this sounds like what you are looking for

https://www.ruroc.com/

my son has one, i think they look dumb. but i'm old and uncool.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

yes sir that is it....thank you....

happy to help and welcome to AlpineZone.

how was the snow @ LP when you were up?

2016/17
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

it was great skiing...a little windy the first day, but the peak opened the second day and it was a good time...

Talking to people that own them. The face guard is purely cosmetic. In a crash it will provide no protection since it just snaps on, and may brake cutting up your face.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    Talking to people that own them. The face guard is purely cosmetic. In a crash it will provide no protection since it just snaps on, and may brake cutting up your face.

What about protection from the weather/cold? That is what I thought of the first time I saw those.

[QUOTE=Hawkshot99;969124]Talking to people that own them. The face guard is purely cosmetic. In a crash it will provide no protection since it just snaps on, and may brake cutting up your face.

Yeah I wouldn't think it would- I though it was more of a wind shield, I really was interested in it as I have an issue with my current helmet pressing on my goggles which in turn press on the bridge of my nose. I thought this was a good alternative as the goggles fit into the helmet. The guy who was wearing it seems pretty stoked about it. Any others with issues let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    What about protection from the weather/cold? That is what I thought of the first time I saw those.
    based on my son's comments , it isn't much of a weather protection system. he still wears a fleece neck warmer. the condensation collects on the lower guard and he often has icicles hanging from the bottom.

2016/17
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

[QUOTE=monkfe;969154]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post

Yeah I wouldn't think it would- I though it was more of a wind shield, I really was interested in it as I have an issue with my current helmet pressing on my goggles which in turn press on the bridge of my nose. I thought this was a good alternative as the goggles fit into the helmet. The guy who was wearing it seems pretty stoked about it. Any others with issues let me know.
    Why not just take your helmet to a shop that has a large selection of goggles and try a bunch on? Every goggle will fit differently with different helmets and faces.

I wear Oakley canopy's with my POC racing helmet. They fit great, but push badly on my nose with my Smith Vantage helmet I wear for regular skiing. So I have Oakley Flight Deck XM's for that helmet.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

Thread Information