Help locating a specific helmet ... - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=Hawkshot99;969166]
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfe View Post
    Why not just take your helmet to a shop that has a large selection of goggles and try a bunch on? Every goggle will fit differently with different helmets and faces.

I wear Oakley canopy's with my POC racing helmet. They fit great, but push badly on my nose with my Smith Vantage helmet I wear for regular skiing. So I have Oakley Flight Deck XM's for that helmet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    Agreed. A lot of companies have "integrated" helmet goggle "systems" now. Thought it was a total gimmick until a year ago when I borrowed a friend's Giro goggles for my Giro helmet. It might be a gimmick, but it felt pretty nice!

The whole face thing bothers me technically. Your breath needs to go some where and condensation must form and freeze if you are really working it on cold days. Then again, I never where a face mask even on the coldest days and certainly not here in CO.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

[QUOTE=Jully;969175]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post

Agreed. A lot of companies have "integrated" helmet goggle "systems" now. Thought it was a total gimmick until a year ago when I borrowed a friend's Giro goggles for my Giro helmet. It might be a gimmick, but it felt pretty nice!
    I have tried on EVERY smith goggle with my Smith Vantage. None fit as well as my older pair of Oakley Crowbar or current Flight Deck.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

[QUOTE=Hawkshot99;969229]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I have tried on EVERY smith goggle with my Smith Vantage. None fit as well as my older pair of Oakley Crowbar or current Flight Deck.

I wear Flight Decks with my helmet and they push down pretty bad on my nose. Literally interferes with my breathing. I'm dealing with it for now because the goggles were pricey but next time I'll be more careful. I tried them on before buying but didn't notice the issue. I was more concerned about the goggle/helmet gap.

[QUOTE=Edd;969234]

I wear Flight Decks with my helmet and they push down pretty bad on my nose. Literally interferes with my breathing. I'm dealing with it for now because the goggles were pricey but next time I'll be more careful. I tried them on before buying but didn't notice the issue. I was more concerned about the goggle/helmet gap.
    Flight Deck, or flight deck XM? I hate the fit of the flight deck. Very tight on my nose. Love the fit of the smaller cm version.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)

Interesting. I've only tried the Giro system. I haven't owned a Smith helmet in many years. Maybe their goggles just don't fit the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Interesting. I've only tried the Giro system. I haven't owned a Smith helmet in many years. Maybe their goggles just don't fit the same.
    I'm just saying you don't have to have matching helmet and goggles brands. You do need to take your time and try on a bunch of goggles with your specific helmet.
    Giro does make some nice goggles, but I personally love oakley. Up until this year that meant I had to have a different brand goggle and helmet, but it's OK because I found stuff that fits perfectly.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)

I'm just saying you don't have to have matching helmet and goggles brands. You do need to take your time and try on a bunch of goggles with your specific helmet.
    Giro does make some nice goggles, but I personally love oakley. Up until this year that meant I had to have a different brand goggle and helmet, but it's OK because I found stuff that fits perfectly.

Oh yeah. I never meant that the system had to match. I was just saying that's a good place to start!

[QUOTE=Hawkshot99;969282]
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Flight Deck, or flight deck XM? I hate the fit of the flight deck. Very tight on my nose. Love the fit of the smaller cm version.

I don't know. Just took a close look and it doesn't say on them.

Can you check here: http://www.outdoorgearup.com/best-ski-helmets/ if the helmet you're looking for is listed.

Thread Information