Why do you like your ski boots?

AlpineZone

Why do you like your ski boots?

In another thread/forum there has been lots of discussion regarding ski boots. As many of you might have read, we have been Dalbello fans (KR Chakra, Boss) and buy their boots even following a specific line (freeride). While, I recently switched to Lange (SX 120), the Dalbello product has been very consistent allowing us to shop online with relative ease since they fit right out of the box. My family likes the three buckle concept since they feel that they middle buckle really helps to seat the heel. With respect to stance, the boots forward lean seems to keep you in a good position and balanced well on the ski. With Dalbello we have not experienced any shin bang - not when they are new or during early season. Stylistically speaking, while not functional, they do have nice designs.

Now with Lange, the boot fits well out of the box. The boot I have is a four buckle boot and I find seating the heel to be a bit problematic nothing major and a gel heel pad solves the issue. I think in large part my heel lifts a little due to the narrow cuff - in my case I am on the last notch with it fully screwed out. As far as driving the ski, the boot does really well. I ham on my second season and the jury is still out on the Lange product.

As far as fit we are also not the cram the toe in type. Like to wiggle the toes and IMO helps to keep the toes warm even on the coldest days.

So are any of you brand loyalists?

How long do you use ski boots before replacing them?

What are features you like about your boots?

Do you use the boot out of the box or do you require fitting?

Which boots do you have?
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Love my 4 year old Dalbello Panterras. Although the Panterra has 4 buckles the 4th toe box buckle is really to accommodate a wider foot which is ideal for me since my feet are very wide. Other than that they have the same locked in heel fit of other Dalbellos which I love. I never have to crank my buckles down to get a tight fit.

Buying a new pair for the start of the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Love my 4 year old Dalbello Panterras. Although the Panterra has 4 buckles the 4th toe box buckle is really to accommodate a wider foot which is ideal for me since my feet are very wide. Other than that they have the same locked in heel fit of other Dalbellos which I love. I never have to crank my buckles down to get a tight fit.

Buying a new pair for the start of the upcoming season.
    I love my Panterras as well.
    The liners mold great to the foot. I love the stance they put me, and how secure the center buckle holds my heel.
    I do do ALOT of modifications to my boots, but I go for the super tight fit. I measure a 28 and wear a 26. I hate having any foot slippage.

Jim you will love the new Panterras. I am getting next seasons 130. They have cut the weight nearly in half!

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

Old Dalbello Custom NX 8.3 's Best boots I've ever owned , been searching ebay and the net for some used ones but no luck in my size.
    4 buckles . I have back issues and my a trip to tucks could'nt deal with the weight of the boots in my pack so I put them on 100yds out of the parking lot and walked almost to the summit . Did tucks agian the next day to the bowl ...not one blister! They are heavy but the liners do a great job of wicking away moisture. I know there beat but hate to part with them.

Items for Sale
    Brand loyal: No.... Finding a good fit, not to mention additional high ROM for walk-mode, for my wide feet with high plateaus always took boot work and no brand had a lock on fit.
    Boot lifespan: As long as the material holds up.
    Boot/fit: Atomic Hawx Magna(downhill) fits great with what seems to have a little adducted heel stance as well. Will be looking forward to trying on this coming season's Lupo AX and their carbon Ti for a walkmode-touring boot..plus an initial trying on a Panterra.
    Human Driver: Very rusty....looking forward to somekind of early start to next season.
    Last edited by bigbog; Aug 12, 2017 at 3:47 PM.
    SteveD

I use a bootfitter. I'll basically buy what fits my foot best. Then he'll make the tweaks from there. I think I've had by boots for about 5 seasons now? I'll usually get a little shin pain at the start of the season, but they've been comfortable after that. I suppose it may be time for an upgrade. I'll have to see how they do this season.

I've been Technica fan for 2 boots. Needed boots and went to Boston Ski show and the Technicas impressed me. Tried them on at ski shop after that and fit nicely. Got 300 days /5 years out of them (ski shop replaced soles for me after about 200 days). So when time for new - same ski shop had Technicas 110 of newest model and just bought them online from their shop in Nov without even trying on. Ended up being a run on those boots and they were out of my size everywhere by winter. Love them.

Never been to boot fitter and dont don't have custom soles. Not sure if it's my feet or tolerance lol. I think us gals have water retention issues that cause fit to vary day to day - so I can't ever expect to buckle same day to day - always have to tweak after a run or two. And then even mid day. No big deal. If my soles ache - means I need to tighten because I'm too loose and sub consciously gripping with balls of feet.

Thread Information