ABC's ski bumming season 2017, Part II, North America - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Actually, I figured out the cause of the problem. But not the solution though.

I took the picture with my left hand (right hand on the steering wheel). So the phone was upside down. Hence the upside down picture.

However, even when I rotate the picture the right way up, then upload it AGAIN to the site, it's STILL showing up upside down!

At this point, I give up. It's 10:30 where I am. I'm going to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Actually, I figured out the cause of the problem. But not the solution though.

I took the picture with my left hand (right hand on the steering wheel). So the phone was upside down. Hence the upside down picture.

However, even when I rotate the picture the right way up, then upload it AGAIN to the site, it's STILL showing up upside down!

At this point, I give up. It's 10:30 where I am. I'm going to bed.
    Technology!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I think I've mentioned this to you before, abc, but using the app for pics is far easier than screwing with a computer. That's assuming you're carrying an Android or iPhone.

"The app"?

I guess I missed it. I'm game to give it a try, if you would point me to it.

( perhaps the last time you mentioned it, I was in Japan so wasn't in the position to download any apps. Now I'm in the US, am in a much more position to give that a go )

Just go to the App Store your phone uses and search for Alpine Zone. Download for free and sign in. Easy peasy.

When I left Vancouver, there's forecast of rain for the next few days. And the forecast for Lake Tahoe is sunshine and high temperature. I needed a rest after 3 weeks of almost non-stop skiing, except on the days when I was driving from one place to another.

There's a special concert in New York that I wanted to come back to attend. With snow condition less than ideal and my body condition in similar state, I looked into flights coming back east.

Unfortunately, that's when the blizzard was to hit the east coast. All the flights were cancelled and they all spilled over to the rest of the week. I have no choice but to wait till I get to Tahoe. Reno doesn't have nearly as many flights as Vancouver. But it's a southwest destination so the trade off is far more flexibility on dates even if less convenience in flight time.

I found enough number of flights to choose from for Friday. That left me with 2 days of skiing after arriving to Tahoe. So make the logicstic easier, I decided to stay in Reno and ski Northstar for those 2 days before I head back east for my short break.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...420#post975420
    Last edited by abc; Mar 20, 2017 at 9:37 AM.

Fast forward a week, the blow torch hanging over lake Tahoe has been replaced by the river of snow again!

By Tahoe standard, a few inches a day is NOT a cause for celebration. They look for feet, not inches. And they got quite a lot of those FEET early this season. So nobody was too excited with the "trickle of snow" that's currently forecast for the region.

My objective is to find the best snow in the whole Tahoe region for the next couple of weeks http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...017-Lake-Tahoe

Leaving Tahoe, heading back east, towards Colorado!

Another long stretch of nothing lay between me and my next destination, the Nevada desert.

Another long stretch of nothing lay between me and my next destination, the Nevada desert.
    How long you going to be in Colorado? Heading out the 19th through the 23rd.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

PS A lovely place called the Wasatch await you on the other side of that Nevada desert

I've driven that stretch of US 50 a whole bunch of times....Love that drive actually!

Thread Information