Windham vs Belleayre this Saturday? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Does Bell still have the small ticket shack by the Tomahawk lift? I'm hoping to go there Monday and from everything mentioned on their website it seems they may not have it anymore (or they are keeping it a secret). I used to always try to park there and grab a ticket at that shack but haven't been there in 5 years or so.
    Answer NO.

There is no lift ticket booth anymore at bottom of Tomahawk Lift 8. Drop someone off to get tickets at Discovery lodge and have them take the shuttle over to Tomahawk lift 8 parking lot. Bring lawn chair to boot up in the Tomahawk parking lot and avoid the lodge. Should be warm enough to tail gate party in the parking lot this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by catskills View Post
    Belleayre 's green trails are the best. From the top of Belleayre there are 3 blue trails with roaring brook and deer run being both easy blue trails.

At Belleayre I would recommend parking down at the lower Discovery Lodge. Get the folks that want to ski green trails going down their. When ready to ski the blues I would take the shuttle bus from the Discovery lodge parking lot over to Tomahawk lift 8 . Take the Tomahawk lift 8 to the top and ski the easy Deer Run trail. This avoids the HSQ Superchief lift 6 which will have longer lift lines this weekend. To ski back to both either upper Overlook or lower Discovery lodge from Lift 8 you need to get off at midstation to take blue intermediate trails back.

For rentals I would recommend Potter Brothers in Kingston right off the NY State Thruway.

Many good large hotels to stay in Kingston, NY

Plus you can save some money on lift tickets as well....
    https://www.potterbrothers.com/shop/...cket-20-64yrs/
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

Quote Originally Posted by catskills View Post
    Answer NO.

There is no lift ticket booth anymore at bottom of Tomahawk Lift 8. Drop someone off to get tickets at Discovery lodge and have them take the shuttle over to Tomahawk lift 8 parking lot. Bring lawn chair to boot up in the Tomahawk parking lot and avoid the lodge. Should be warm enough to tail gate party in the parking lot this weekend.
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. Will be hard to drop someone off when I will probably be solo on Monday I'll see how it is when I get there. Maybe park in Tomahawk and boot up there, then take shuttle to the lodge to get tickets and just start on the Superchief side and work my way towards the west side as the day goes on. Unless I get there early enough where I can just park closer to the Overlook lodge.

thanks for the advice, wound up at belleayre and it worked out perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by drdavidge View Post
    thanks for the advice, wound up at belleayre and it worked out perfectly.
    You got to do better than. We need a trip report with all the details. Pictures would be nice added touch.

Thread Information