• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

blow torch

Pez

I love having spring allergies in February

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SnoDevil97

Planning to hit it this Sunday in NH regardless. Tick tock - season only has so many days left, pack's still pretty deep everywhere.

I only won't ski in the rain - ick.

tnt1234

Unreal - now temps nosediving for next weekend - was hoping at least for warm spring skiing - gonna be an ice rink for sure.

Dang.

Los

Unreal - now temps nosediving for next weekend - was hoping at least for warm spring skiing - gonna be an ice rink for sure.

Dang.

I'll take the ice rink in a heartbeat if it means a return to seasonal temps.

Fcksummer - I like the way you think! Fckspring!!
And while I'm at it, fck "spring conditions"! I want winter!!

VTKilarney

You are going to get perfect skiing conditions next week. How do I know? Because I'm going to be sitting on the beach in the Caribbean.

BenedictGomez

I wouldn't throw in the towel on next weekend yet. Some of the batches of rain over the next week will 100% be rain, but other bits that are modeled as 100% rain are only on the "bad" side of the equation by 3 or 4 degrees, so there's at least a minor chance that some of that could turn out to be snow, and there could be at least some minor snow of a few inches on the backsides of the rain events.

ScottySkis

Something wrong in Late February when I sitting on deck where I currently live drinking coffee that still warm from hr go wearing shorts and t shirt. When are the bees coming.
I guess BBQ tonight.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/

[FONT=&quot]Beyond Sunday, the outlook has trended more wintry and the period beginning March 2nd through around March 12th looks especially intriguing. I was reviewing Arctic Oscillation (AO) data through the early part of the season and noticed that since December 1, there has been only 1 period where the index went negative. It explains the lack of mid-latitude cold especially across the southern part of the United States. The only period where the index went negative was during 10 days in the early to middle part of this month during the period where the mountain received its multiple feet of snow. The second such period is likely to begin in early March and persist another 10 days or so. This will for a time be combined with the dip in the EPO (which is not expected to last) and the establishment of a nice blocking feature that appears fairly broad over the Bering Sea area. Winter will thus make a return to Vermont and I expect things to get exciting for a time. [/FONT]

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
The snow depth at the Mt Mansfield stake looks like it jumped off the Kitchen Wall...

gendateplot.php3

benski

Greek is showing a lot of bear spots. All the mogul fields are done. I think they went out of there way to not blow snow on skiers left of Illiad and right side of Elysian which are usually bump runs.

Kleetus

Still looks better than last year!

Pretty much anything is better than last year!! Just hope it recovers half of what it lost to take us through spring. Have yet to get up to Stowe but have been there for closing day or close many times. Hope to do the same this year and ski some soft bumps. Unfortunately couldn't do it this week.

Kleetus

I am going to get on a f'ing plane.!!!!!!!!

Funny you mention it because my uncle and I are looking into doing just that last minute. Fiddlehead pod at K may not cut it depending on how things pan out for the spring. Although I'm sure I'll end up skiing the fiddlehead pod at some point this spring. I always do, even managed to do it last spring in may!