Grass Sticks Bamboo Poles (Steamboat Springs, CO) - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Modern poles are a fraction of the weight. Better; worth it.
    Wait a minute , Are you talking about modern Alum and composite poles or the grass sticks ????? I have a pair of grass sticks and love them, I also have a pair of composites that I use for racing.

Grass Sticks Bamboo Poles (Steamboat Springs, CO)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad J View Post
    Wait a minute , Are you talking about modern Alum and composite poles or the grass sticks ????? I have a pair of grass sticks and love them, I also have a pair of composites that I use for racing.
    I was talking modern poles in general. I have carbon composite personally but the grass sticks are modern also. The guy I responded to claims he's been using the same poles for 40 years.

I saw some guy skiing with ski poles made out of branches at Bolton Valley a few weeks back. they had baskets and handles but were just maple branches with the bark still on them.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I saw some guy skiing with ski poles made out of branches at Bolton Valley a few weeks back. they had baskets and handles but were just maple branches with the bark still on them.
    Well that's really throw back!!!!! I am glad I modernized to bamboo !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I was talking modern poles in general. I have carbon composite personally but the grass sticks are modern also. The guy I responded to claims he's been using the same poles for 40 years.
    Yep. Same poles 40 years. I also have carbon comp. While there is no question the carbon is great (why anyone would choose metal is beyond me) I do question its long term durability. In the paddling realm I have had carbon shafts break unexpectedly, under stress that a wood shaft (I know, not bamboo) would shrug off.

Thread Information