• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

skicub

MAXpass mountains
For 17/18

Joining: Whiteface, Gore, Windham, Belleayre, Lutsen, Granite Peak

Leaving: Steven's pass

the cubbiest skier you've ever met

yeggous

MAXpass mountains
For 17/18

Joining: Whiteface, Gore, Windham, Belleayre, Lutsen, Granite Peak

Leaving: Steven's pass

the cubbiest skier you've ever met

That does exactly nothing for me. Yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

boston_e

Pico released their pass prices for 2017-2018:

Adult: $399
Senior: $299
Super Senior: $59
Youth: $189
Child: $59

Jcb890

I wonder if Wachusett will lower their season passes. They should considering the prices of these other passes which are MAX Pass eligible.

boston_e

Is that the best value for an unrestricted adult pass? Pico is a legit mountain for terrain and snowfall.

It certainly is a very good value. Typically they have firm opening and closing dates, so you won't be ski in there in November or after the first weekend or two in April which is something to consider if that is important to you. They are also closed on Tuesday and Wednesday during non holiday weeks.... But you can purchase a killington add on for those mid weekdays of you want.

cdskier

Is that the best value for an unrestricted adult pass? Pico is a legit mountain for terrain and snowfall.

I would certainly say one of the best values. For $150 more you can get the new Sugarbush "Value" pass which is also a pretty good deal. Unrestricted access to Mt Ellen and Monday-Friday skiing at Lincoln Peak. And you get to use it at LP before ME opens and after it closes.

sankaty

I wonder if Pico will allow the MAX pass add on to their $399 pass. I know that MAX has minimum pass prices for allowing the add on, but if Stratton is able to do it with their $399 value pass, I'd expect Pico should be able to do it, too.

The Statton value pass plus MAX add on for $728 seems like a fantastic deal for folks that will ski Stratton at least 7 times.

Jcb890

I wonder if Pico will allow the MAX pass add on to their $399 pass. I know that MAX has minimum pass prices for allowing the add on, but if Stratton is able to do it with their $399 value pass, I'd expect Pico should be able to do it, too.

The Statton value pass plus MAX add on for $728 seems like a fantastic deal for folks that will ski Stratton at least 7 times.
I bet they will. MAX Pass divulged to me yesterday that their price point for the Add-On is a $329 base pass price.

boston_e

Last year it was not an option (I don't think it was anyway) and as of right now there is no mention of it on the website. It would be a great option though.

jaytrem

Need a bigger excuse to go to WI to ski.

You kidding me, they have a good 700 vert and 3 high speed lifts. You should be booking your flight now!!!

In all seriousness, I am sometimes tempted to pick up a Michigan or Wisconsin passport type deal and do a midwestern trip for the heck of it. As much as I love skiing bigger areas I do love checking out the smaller places.

Michigan $269, great deal if you live there)...

http://www.goskimichigan.com/michigan-ski-programs/white-gold-card

Wisconsin only $130 but doesn't include a lot of their areas, still a great deal if you live there...

http://www.skiingwisconsin.com/2016-2017-Skiing-Wisconsin-Coupon-Book-100.htm

Good one for New Mexico too, $300 for 2 tickets per area...

http://www.skinewmexico.com/members-info/

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wonder if Wachusett will lower their season passes. They should considering the prices of these other passes which are MAX Pass eligible.
I think they are in a unique position where they don't have to. They have a captive audience of Boston and Worcester metro skiers just looking for something close. It would be a nice gesture given the reduced prices elsewhere, but I'm not sure market conditions will dictate that they do so.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app