• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

Jully

I am contemplating if we'll do the Wachusett pass next year, I wind up getting bored with their terrain a lot. It is/was a great place for my wife to practice and learn though. All we really need is the Bronze pass, but then you can't do the MAX Pass Add-On... annoying.

If Wachusett offered a Max Add-on with their Bronze I would probably buy it... I've split night skiing between Wachusett and Crotched this year and I'm not terribly bored. I like Crotched better, but WaWa is about 30 minutes closer.

Jcb890

If Wachusett offered a Max Add-on with their Bronze I would probably buy it... I've split night skiing between Wachusett and Crotched this year and I'm not terribly bored. I like Crotched better, but WaWa is about 30 minutes closer.
Yeah, we do Wachusett because it is closer at about 35 minutes from home.

We did Bronze the past couple years, but did Gold this year to get the MAX Pass Add-On. I even tried to get them to let me pay the full regular-season price on the Bronze (no pre-season or GPS discount) and do the Add-On and still no luck. It kind of sucks because a mountain like Mountain Creek has season passes for $299 or $349 which was still valid to Add-On the MAX Pass, yet Wachusett's offering at a similar price point did not count. Pretty disappointing.

Jully

I was thinking about the New England Silver or White Mountain Super Pass. Right now I'm leaning toward grabbing both the Peak Pass and Max Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

I'm really tempted by that too. Problem is I have a tough time justifying the extra $600 of the Max pass. If I use it enough, then its worth it for sure and can split the two passes at ~30 days each and get good value. Problem is I would then have to force myself to get no vouchers... and I like vouchers :razz:

Jully

Yeah, we do Wachusett because it is closer at about 35 minutes from home.

We did Bronze the past couple years, but did Gold this year to get the MAX Pass Add-On. I even tried to get them to let me pay the full regular-season price on the Bronze (no pre-season or GPS discount) and do the Add-On and still no luck. It kind of sucks because a mountain like Mountain Creek has season passes for $299 or $349 which was still valid to Add-On the MAX Pass, yet Wachusett's offering at a similar price point did not count. Pretty disappointing.

Killington kept the majority of their pass products as ineligible for Max Add-ons but this past year let them all be eligible. Maybe Wachusett will change that this year.

Jcb890

Killington kept the majority of their pass products as ineligible for Max Add-ons but this past year let them all be eligible. Maybe Wachusett will change that this year.
That would be wonderful and drive me to get Wachusett Bronze passes for my wife and I. If they don't we will probably look at other options.

EDIT - I'm emailing Wachusett now to ask if they have any plans lined up and to tell them if we have to get the Gold again to do the Add-On, we're out.

Contact Info:
Tom Meyers
Director of Marketing
tom@wachusett.com

Last edited:

SkiFanE

We have put her in four sessions of the radicals program at Crotched this year, she went from being barely able to stand on skis to bombing down from the summit last night. At $80 per session plus tip it adds up, but it gets her three hours of instruction with a 2-1 ratio. No complaints about the radicals program, plan to do another couple of sessions this year. Were planning on the Tigers program next year but just looking for some variety after skiing crotched almost exclusively this year, disappointed there is no other comparable race program for 5 year olds in southern nh.
I'm not sure you'll find a 5yo race program anywhere. SR started offering a 6/7 yo "race" program with the Gould program about 5 years ago. and that is for both freestyle & alpine - they don't break out to alpine only until at least 7yo. I think it's pretty similar at other larger ski areas. They do all offer seasonal programs. All 3 of mine have done them - race and recreational. I can't rave enough about the consistency of coaches and kids to instill love of skiing, never mind mad ski skills. No group or private lessons will compare. My 16yo went thru programs starting at 5yo, she's now an instructor with the 4yo olds seasonal group. Never Evers. They are now able to go on chair lifts and went to Jordan last weekend. Next winter she'll be with same group of kids - she knows them so well by now. She gave a 90 min private to a never ever last week and he was on chair lift by end of lesson and when he went to meet his Mom he hockey stopped right in front of her - she got a hefty tip and he got another lesson with her next day. Investing $ always helps lol. I Would try to get into any regular ski program you can - recreational is fine at that age - time on snow is important and when it's social - kids have a bLast. My 11yo is having a ball this winter - his coach is great and basically follows kids where they want to go. A few drills every now and then to make the kids groan lol. They are woods bumps and steep rats - he wasn't a fan of the race program, so we swapped him this winter.

Oh 3 SR golds. No max or travel. Just homebodies :) Haven't checked prices yet tho. Wondering if I can get a fake 29yo ID tho lol.

Smellytele

Flash sale for SR
One-Week Flash Sale on 2017-18 New England Passes
Monday, March 6, kicks off a One-Week Flash Sale on 2017-18 New England Passes. You'll have five days to lock in the lowest prices, and two ways to do it:

• Reserve your pass with $50 down on our Easy Pay Plan, or;

• Buy your pass now and ski free this spring starting March 13.
Our Spring Sale and Easy Pay Plan continue through April 30, but prices on New England Passes will increase after Friday, March 10. Don't miss it!

New England Pass includes Sunday River, Loon Mountain and Sugarloaf.
Pass
Valid For
Flash Sale
Gold
Unlimited skiing all winter with no blackouts - our most popular pass.
$1,049
Silver
Valid every day except 12 blackout dates.
$699
Bronze
Unlimited midweek, non-holiday skiing.
$429

Sunday River Millennial Pass includes Sunday River.
Pass
Valid For
Thru Apr 30
Gold
Ages 19-29; valid every day except 12 blackout dates.
$399

Maine Student Pass has options for Sunday River or both Maine mountains.
Pass
Valid For
Thru Apr 30
Junior
Sunday River; ages 6-12
$379
Teen
Sunday River; ages 13-18
$439
Combo
Sunday River & Sugarloaf; ages 6-18
$539

Edd

A New England bronze pass with a Max add-on is very tempting. Leaving Wildcat would hurt.

Jully

I do not care for that.

While it is annoying, I can't fault them. They are offering you $50 off to buy it right now and run the risk of losing out on a better pass option being released. Last year Peaks undercut the market pretty drastically. This year Boyne appears to be trying to prevent being undercut by snagging a bunch of bargain hunters now.

As someone considering Boyne and Peaks, I just hope Peaks releases pricing before March 10 and then I'll happily decide between the two.

Jully

That would be wonderful and drive me to get Wachusett Bronze passes for my wife and I. If they don't we will probably look at other options.

EDIT - I'm emailing Wachusett now to ask if they have any plans lined up and to tell them if we have to get the Gold again to do the Add-On, we're out.

Contact Info:
Tom Meyers
Director of Marketing
tom@wachusett.com

I will be intrigued to hear what they say!

drjeff

While it is annoying, I can't fault them. They are offering you $50 off to buy it right now and run the risk of losing out on a better pass option being released. Last year Peaks undercut the market pretty drastically. This year Boyne appears to be trying to prevent being undercut by snagging a bunch of bargain hunters now.

As someone considering Boyne and Peaks, I just hope Peaks releases pricing before March 10 and then I'll happily decide between the two.

I'm guessing that Peak will release their pass prices by this weekend, as historically they've done it for the 1st weekend in March, with passes going on sale the 2nd weekend in March

Edd

I'm guessing that Peak will release their pass prices by this weekend, as historically they've done it for the 1st weekend in March, with passes going on sale the 2nd weekend in March

Hoping against hope they join the Max pass group.

SIKSKIER

A little put off by Cannons NH early season rate.Thats up $45 over last year.But last year they had a decrease of about $25.Guess they are making up for it.

yeggous

Peak Pass goes on sale tomorrow so we'll get pricing then. New England Pass is out as the blackouts vs price point make no sense. Leaning toward a 3-pass solution: Peaks Pass, Max Pass, and MWV Sampler. Unless I decide I want to go east again on vacation next year and then the Max Pass may be out. Only thing that would get me to ditch the Peaks in a MWV mountain adding the Max Pass.

Smellytele

Peak Pass goes on sale tomorrow so we'll get pricing then. New England Pass is out as the blackouts vs price point make no sense. Leaning toward a 3-pass solution: Peaks Pass, Max Pass, and MWV Sampler. Unless I decide I want to go east again on vacation next year and then the Max Pass may be out. Only thing that would get me to ditch the Peaks in a MWV mountain adding the Max Pass.

Not on sale yet nor any pricing from peaks