• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

Jcb890

For me it is basically $599 for an unlimited Mt. Snow season pass. I might use it at Wildcat also. The others I don't think I'd go to or get to, to be honest.

Too bad I can't do the MAX Pass Add-On to the Peak Pass. :cry:

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Will this include spring skiing? The FAQs are a little confusing.

Do I get the same pass benefits if I choose to do the payment plan rather than pay the whole sum?*

Yes.* You receive all of the same passholder benefits whether you use the payment plan or not. Benefits that are listed for our passes are valid for the 17/18 season only and will not be available for use in the spring of 2017.*

Can I use the payment plan and ski the remainder of the 16/17 season?*

Yes!* Just pay $99 down and you’ll be given a new pass & you can use it this season and next.*

Jcb890

It seems like it is saying the BENEFITS for each pass are for '17/'18 and not '15/'16, but they'll issue you a '16/'17 pass/ticket you can use this season for the rest of Spring 2017.

Jully

It seems like it is saying the BENEFITS for each pass are for '17/'18 and not '15/'16, but they'll issue you a '16/'17 pass/ticket you can use this season for the rest of Spring 2017.

If you buy now you can ski the rest of the season. Benefits are not able to be used this spring though (like the 25% off a ticket for the Explorer). If you buy before the first deadline you can use the benefits this summer though.

yeggous

If you buy now you can ski the rest of the season. Benefits are not able to be used this spring though (like the 25% off a ticket for the Explorer). If you buy before the first deadline you can use the benefits this summer though.

Yes and $99 down to ski spring. Price valid until April 30. Fliers up at Attitash.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

Yes and $99 down to ski spring. Price valid until April 30. Fliers up at Attitash.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

It doesn't give a date, but if you buy now are you able to ski immediately? I seem to remember that from last year.

NYDB

For me it is basically $599 for an unlimited Mt. Snow season pass. I might use it at Wildcat also. The others I don't think I'd go to or get to, to be honest.

Too bad I can't do the MAX Pass Add-On to the Peak Pass. :cry:

that's a smoking deal for Mount Snow/Wildcat. Don't need that many days to make it a steal

Jcb890

that's a smoking deal for Mount Snow/Wildcat. Don't need that many days to make it a steal
15-20 days makes it a steal, IMO, bringing the daily average to $30-$40.

I think we could get that many days in between Mt. Snow and Wildcat, but then it forces us to ski only those mountains or shell out for the MAX Pass also which we'd need to use another 15-20 days for the price to be a good deal on that.

Still, might be do-able... maybe.

Jully

15-20 days makes it a steal, IMO, bringing the daily average to $30-$40.

I think we could get that many days in between Mt. Snow and Wildcat, but then it forces us to ski only those mountains or shell out for the MAX Pass also which we'd need to use another 15-20 days for the price to be a good deal on that.

Still, might be do-able... maybe.

Now you're into the conundrum of looking at price per day versus overall cost. If you're happy with what Peaks offers, then that is the best deal and it only gets better. If you get a Max pass, at least some of those days would come at the expense of days on the Peak pass.

Speaking of Max, any info on when pricing for that will come out? I don't remember when it was released last year.

dlague

Can I ski or ride the rest of the season if I buy?

You sure can. Purchase today and the pass is valid for skiing and riding for the remainder of this season as well as the 2017/2018 winter at all 7 mountains.

What is confusing about that?

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Jcb890

Now you're into the conundrum of looking at price per day versus overall cost. If you're happy with what Peaks offers, then that is the best deal and it only gets better. If you get a Max pass, at least some of those days would come at the expense of days on the Peak pass.

Speaking of Max, any info on when pricing for that will come out? I don't remember when it was released last year.
No idea on when the pricing will come out for MAX Pass, sorry. I would guess in the next couple of weeks though.

The only places I can see us riding on the Peak Pass are Mt. Snow and Wildcat. But, we also like some variety and are big Killington fans, so the MAX is nice. Also a fan of the Non-New England options on the MAX, so it is a tough predicament. I really wish MAX added Mt. Snow and that the MAX changed the structure so you could swap around the 5 lift tickets per mountain to maybe use a max of 10 at a select mountain or 2. That'd be the best pass (for us at least).

Decisions, decisions.

Also, EPIC Pass will probably be released soon as well which should include Stowe... so that's a possible option as well, but Stowe is too far for us to get there every weekend as opposed to Mt. Snow which is a short 2 hr drive.

Jcb890

I haven't read all 8 pages, but Sunday River, and by extension, Loon and Sugarloaf, passes will go on sale Monday, March 6 at their lowest prices. After the next friday, prices go up by $20.00 or more. My money won't earn that much interest in a year in the bank. Gonna get my pass next week for next year!
So they're only at their lowest price for 2 weeks? That doesn't seem to make too much sense.

drjeff

So they're only at their lowest price for 2 weeks? That doesn't seem to make too much sense.
Just simply hoping to lock in customers ahead of others releasing their pass products for next year.

At this rate, it won't be long until resorts start putting next season's products out the last weekend of Presidents week...

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

Actually only 5 days for the cheapest.March 6-10.
That's kind of a ridiculous strategy. This is the New England Pass which has Sugarloaf, Loon and Sunday River we are talking about, correct?

Just simply hoping to lock in customers ahead of others releasing their pass products for next year.

At this rate, it won't be long until resorts start putting next season's products out the last weekend of Presidents week...
Odd, but whatever works I guess.

Any word on when EPIC and MAX Passes will release their plans/pricing?

xwhaler

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

If this happens and they have the "ski rest of the yr for free" thing you wonder how folks react. If you have a pass but a different mtn gives you the opportunity to ski with them for 5-8 weeks you end up with 2 season passes for the spring season.
Gives you some additional variety and may actually create a scenario where folks are hopping between passes yr to yr rather than building a consistent customer base.

Smellytele

Okay gonna get my wife a peaks pass this week because we are going to Wildcat next Sunday. I already have 2 tickets I need to use at Wildcat. I will then get my youngest son a pass next week and he can go with me for my last ticket in April. I will then get mine and my middle sons before 4/30. Actually all will just be a down payment. I can wait on my oldest because the price stays at 399 until dec 15th. It will be his Christmas present.

Jully

That's kind of a ridiculous strategy. This is the New England Pass which has Sugarloaf, Loon and Sunday River we are talking about, correct?

I looked it up, Max was released on March 9th last year (second Wednesday of the month). If they are still locking up the new mountains, it might be a little longer, but who knows.

I think it is a fine strategy on Boyne's part. The increase after the 'flash sale' ending on the 10th is modest, between $20 and $50 for the different passes. That is smaller than the normal price hike after early season pricing (usually ~$100).

They definitely experimenting to see if they can get people to make an impulse buy in this short window. The classic strategy of grabbing people on the fence by saying "supplies are low!" or "act now!"

Jully

I looked it up, Max was released on March 9th last year (second Wednesday of the month). If they are still locking up the new mountains, it might be a little longer, but who knows.

I think it is a fine strategy on Boyne's part. The increase after the 'flash sale' ending on the 10th is modest, between $20 and $50 for the different passes. That is smaller than the normal price hike after early season pricing (usually ~$100).

They definitely experimenting to see if they can get people to make an impulse buy in this short window. The classic strategy of grabbing people on the fence by saying "supplies are low!" or "act now!"