• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

xwhaler

Just simply hoping to lock in customers ahead of others releasing their pass products for next year.

At this rate, it won't be long until resorts start putting next season's products out the last weekend of Presidents week...

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

If this happens and they have the "ski rest of the yr for free" thing you wonder how folks react. If you have a pass but a different mtn gives you the opportunity to ski with them for 5-8 weeks you end up with 2 season passes for the spring season.
Gives you some additional variety and may actually create a scenario where folks are hopping between passes yr to yr rather than building a consistent customer base.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i said yes but for 499 with the 11 bo days.
For NH skiers this should be the initial plan for everyone. You lock yourself in to the pricing structure with your initial purchase. At anytime during the season you can upgrade to the Explorer for $100 if the conditions at the blacked out mountains look better. I almost did so with the big dump at Wildcat over Xmas week this year. I held off and overall was fine just skiing Crotched during the blackout days.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

For NH skiers this should be the initial plan for everyone. You lock yourself in to the pricing structure with your initial purchase. At anytime during the season you can upgrade to the Explorer for $100 if the conditions at the blacked out mountains look better. I almost did so with the big dump at Wildcat over Xmas week this year. I held off and overall was fine just skiing Crotched during the blackout days.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
with Crotched only 20 mins from my house I couldn't pass up the deal and with no blackouts at Crotched it will work out fine. Surprised that MLK weekend (sat/sun)is blacked out but not the actual holiday of the 15th.

dlague

No idea on when the pricing will come out for MAX Pass, sorry. I would guess in the next couple of weeks though.

The only places I can see us riding on the Peak Pass are Mt. Snow and Wildcat. But, we also like some variety and are big Killington fans, so the MAX is nice. Also a fan of the Non-New England options on the MAX, so it is a tough predicament. I really wish MAX added Mt. Snow and that the MAX changed the structure so you could swap around the 5 lift tickets per mountain to maybe use a max of 10 at a select mountain or 2. That'd be the best pass (for us at least).

Decisions, decisions.

Also, EPIC Pass will probably be released soon as well which should include Stowe... so that's a possible option as well, but Stowe is too far for us to get there every weekend as opposed to Mt. Snow which is a short 2 hr drive.
Oh it will include Stowe!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

RE: MAX Pass...

The only thing I have seen so far as far as an update is on the Sunday River website:

The M.A.X. Pass returns for winter 2017-18 bigger and better than ever, with 5 days of skiing at over 40 mountains across North America including new resorts! That's over 200 days of total skiing and riding at your fingertips right here in your own backyard and out west. Learn more about M.A.X. Pass.

So, it sounds like they are adding at least 1 or 2 mountains... but which one(s)?

4aprice

RE: MAX Pass...

The only thing I have seen so far as far as an update is on the Sunday River website:

So, it sounds like they are adding at least 1 or 2 mountains... but which one(s)?

Heard a rumor that Blue Mountain PA is going to be an addition. Camelback missed the boat if they didn't join (and there has been no indication they did).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Jcb890

Heard a rumor that Blue Mountain PA is going to be an addition. Camelback missed the boat if they didn't join (and there has been no indication they did).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
I was hoping something worthwhile would be added. Not to poo-poo Blue Mountain or any other local mountains, but for anyone outside of PA, adding Blue Mountain is a net gain of 0.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
The current NY/NJ/PA offering from Max is Mountain Creek, so there are many millions of people to whom a Blue Mountain addition would be significant.

I'm leaning towards the Max Pass, with or without Blue Mountain. Adding it would get me a couple more days on the snow.

Jcb890

The current NY/NJ/PA offering from Max is Mountain Creek, so there are many millions of people to whom a Blue Mountain addition would be significant.

I'm leaning towards the Max Pass, with or without Blue Mountain. Adding it would get me a couple more days on the snow.
I should have said NY and NJ also. As I said, awesome for people in that area! I was just selfishly hoping for another New England resort and maybe another cool western resort or 2 to check out.

cdskier

I should have said NY and NJ also. As I said, awesome for people in that area! I was just selfishly hoping for another New England resort and maybe another cool western resort or 2 to check out.

Perhaps only "some" people in NJ/NY :grin: There are also plenty of us in NJ that it doesn't help either. If I was a MAX pass holder, I'd rather see another New England resort as well instead of a PA resort. Even a NY choice in the Catskills or Adirondacks would be a worthwhile addition. MAX currently has nothing in PA though, so I could see why adding something in PA would help broaden the potential market for the pass if true.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
MAX currently has nothing in PA though, so I could see why adding something in PA would help broaden the potential market for the pass if true.

This was my point. I would also prefer another New England resort, but I can see why PA would make more business sense.

Now, Peaks would take care of both, and then some. [emoji1]

eatskisleep

Pats Peak released pass prices this AM. $449 early buy seems a bit high at first glance given Ragged is going to be $249 again and the Peaks Ranger pass likely comes in under $550.
But Pats knows their market and I'm sure they aren't having any issues paying the bills.

https://www.patspeak.com/Tickets-Passes/Season-Passes.aspx

2017-2018 pass for 20-29 years old, is only $222.22 and it includes skiing all March 2017... Pays for itself in 4 days of skiing! Steal if you ask me!