• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

dlague

I find the pass offerings that include this spring to be redundant in some respects as it does nothing for current pass holders. It is totally about getting new pass holders. It looks like a value in concept but has limited risk to the ski area since they more than likely have a loyal base of pass holders already.

That Gunstock pass is interesting though as it has some summer value sort of speak in the form of discounts on already pricey offerings but does generate revenue for them besides the pass.

Puck it

I find the pass offerings that include this spring to be redundant in some respects as it does nothing for current pass holders. It is totally about getting new pass holders. It looks like a value in concept but has limited risk to the ski area since they more than likely have a loyal base of pass holders already.

That Gunstock pass is interesting though as it has some summer value sort of speak in the form of discounts on already pricey offerings but does generate revenue for them besides the pass.
You have to take what the pass gives you!

cdskier

Sugarbush just announced they are joining Mountain Collective fwiw...

TheArchitect

Sugarbush just announced they are joining Mountain Collective fwiw...

That's likely the tipping point for me to buy this pass. I just got back from Alta-Snowbird and I'm going back again next year. Sugarbush being on this pass gives me 6 days free.

Last edited:

Tin

You have to take what the pass gives you!

251.gif

cdskier

Wow, what's up with that? If added do Stowe people miss out on the Buddy Pass deals?, that's only a month away. Not sure I saw Whistler on that page either.

Whistler was there unrestricted on the full Epic pass (and included with only a limited number of days on the Epic Local, etc).

For Stowe I'm presuming it is a paperwork/legal type thing, although if they don't announce the details soon that certainly puts people at a disadvantage with the early deadline to get the buddy tickets.

Jcb890

I called Vail. The purchase of Stowe is not final yet and as a result they will not be added until it is complete. It will not impact the cost of the pass.
Well, that's a bit ridiculous and a huge disappointment. Why bother purchasing Stowe at that time if you aren't going to add them to your pass package for the following season? They dropped the ball big time with this situation.

dlague

Wow, what's up with that? If added do Stowe people miss out on the Buddy Pass deals?, that's only a month away. Not sure I saw Whistler on that page either.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

As mentioned Stowe sale is not completed yet. They are going to be added as soon as it is finalized. Will not effect the price of the pass but they are also determining in what capacity Stowe will be added. Depending on the pass product possibly limiting days as they did with Whistler last year (5 days) or whether or not there will be black out dates for the Epic Local Pass. Possibly unrestricted for the Full Epic Pass.

I mentioned that many pass products are being announced for next season and many may consider other options when they see Stowe missing.

As far as Whistler

Epic Pass Now includes Whistler Blackcomb! No restricted dates.

Epic Local Pass

Restricted Dates:

Also includes a total of 10 days at Vail, Beaver Creek and Whistler Blackcomb

Vail, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb, Park City, Heavenly, Northstar & Kirkwood are restricted 11/24/17-11/25/17, 12/26/17-12/31/17, 1/13/2018, 2/17/18-2/18/18.

dlague

Well, that's a bit ridiculous and a huge disappointment. Why bother purchasing Stowe at that time if you aren't going to add them to your pass package for the following season? They dropped the ball big time with this situation.

They said the sale should be finalized soon. They will make the announcement of Stowe being added at that time.

dlague

The question is - If the Epic Local Pass ($639) read like this

Unlimited, unrestricted skiing or riding at Breckenridge, Keystone, Wilmot, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton and Arapahoe Basin with limited restrictions at Stowe, Park City, Heavenly, Northstar & Kirkwood. Also includes a total of 10 days at Vail, Beaver Creek and Whistler Blackcomb with holiday restrictions.

Effectively Stowe with limited restrictions - black out dates - 11/24/17-11/25/17, 12/26/17-12/31/17, 1/13/2018, 2/17/18-2/18/18

Is it worth paying the Extra $220 to get the full unrestricted Epic Pass with no black out dates?

Last edited:

4aprice

Thje question is - If the Epic Local Pass ($639) read like this

Effectively Stowe with limited restrictions - black out dates - 11/24/17-11/25/17, 12/26/17-12/31/17, 1/13/2018, 2/17/18-2/18/18

Is it worth paying the Extra $220 to get the full unrestricted Epic Pass with no black out dates?

While I'm not going for Epic next season, having those particular dates off limits is okay with me. My Max is unlimited and I don't ski any of those areas on those dates, with it either, I have a different tactic for holidays.

It all depends upon what we can work out over the next month. Going to stick with Max for sure and if we can swing the rental of a particular condo in Aspen, then would probably add the MC too (along with a pass at our "backyard bump), and would certainly hit up Sugarbush for a weekend. Probably spend more then I have to but I love having it all done up front then making my plans. Any idea when the Rocky Mountain Super Pass comes out?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

wa-loaf

I just grabbed a Mtn Collective pass for my son and myself. $399 + $1 only has Sugarbush here in the east (no Stowe because Vail). Early purchase gets an extra day (you have to pick in advance) so if my son and I get 3 days in at the Bush next season it pretty much pays for itself there. Alta, Snowbird, and Snowbasin mean next winters trip is likely SLC.

4aprice

I just grabbed a Mtn Collective pass for my son and myself. $399 + $1 only has Sugarbush here in the east (no Stowe because Vail). Early purchase gets an extra day (you have to pick in advance) so if my son and I get 3 days in at the Bush next season it pretty much pays for itself there. Alta, Snowbird, and Snowbasin mean next winters trip is likely SLC.

Snowbasin is a great addition for them. That's 3 Utah for them, 2 for Epic, and 2 Max (as far as we know now).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ