• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

TheArchitect

Lost in this conversation is that pass decision isn't always about economics. Where people prefer to ski is probably a larger driving force for the average skier given that most people ski less than ten times per year.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

That's where I am. Saving money is great but I only am able to get around 12 ski days in a year and I want to ski where I want to ski, not where the cheapest pass sends me.

cdskier

Lost in this conversation is that pass decision isn't always about economics. Where people prefer to ski is probably a larger driving force for the average skier given that most people ski less than ten times per year.

This is a very good point and one that is often overlooked when people start questioning pricing of different resorts and passes. Price is simply one factor of many.

Mountain Collective is certainly interesting for people that want to ski the resorts on that pass. Is it for everyone? Certainly not. That's why we have choices. I wouldn't buy it, but if others are able to buy it and take advantage of it, more power to them.

dlague

This is a very good point and one that is often overlooked when people start questioning pricing of different resorts and passes. Price is simply one factor of many.

Mountain Collective is certainly interesting for people that want to ski the resorts on that pass. Is it for everyone? Certainly not. That's why we have choices. I wouldn't buy it, but if others are able to buy it and take advantage of it, more power to them.

If you are not able to travel, then MC type pf pass is pointless IMO. I know many that cannot dish out $2000+ for a family to travel to another destination. The Epic Pass, once Stowe is added, at least may offer unlimited skiing at Stowe with possibilities to travel (what Vail wants) if you want. The Max Pass offers many northeastern venues and as a result makes sense since it too offers opportunities for travel or not. I do think economics plays a role - I bought the Cannon Pass because it was $273 with no black outs and was about an hour from home and deal hunted to other resorts to mix things up. And ... no one buys a pass to break even. You are looking for a dollar cost average that makes it feel good.

deadheadskier

Staff member
And many more people pay more to ski Loon because that's where they prefer to ski.

I do have friends who only ski a handful of days a season in the East and take a trip out west every year. For folks like them the MC is a fine option

dlague

And many more people pay more to ski Loon because that's where they prefer to ski.

I do have friends who only ski a handful of days a season in the East and take a trip out west every year. For folks like them the MC is a fine option

Well there are many reasons as mentioned earlier. Many deal hunt not because they feel like blowing money. Some buy passes because something is close as in Pats Peak, some buy for status, some buy based on size, or where they have a second home, some buy for access to many resorts, some buy on the cheap. For that reason, people will always pay $1000+ when there are other products that are way less.

cdskier

Sugarbush prices were announced via e-mail to existing passholders.

Premium passes (unlimited 7 day access, also entitled to Mountain Collective program benefits of 50% off day tickets at other MC resorts)
Adult (40-64) - $799
Senior (65-79) - $699
Silver Senior (80-89) - $149
90+ - $0
Youth (7-18 ) - $349
For20s (19-29) - $349
For30s (30-39) - $549

Value passes (Mt Ellen unlimited, LP M-F Non-Holiday, LP unlimited before ME opens and after ME closes - No Mountain Collective Benefits)
Adult - $549
Youth (7-18 ) - $249

prsboogie

Premium passes (unlimited 7 day access, also entitled to Mountain Collective program benefits of 50% off day tickets at other MC resorts)
Adult (40-64) - $799
Senior (65-79) - $699
90+ - $0
Youth (7-18 ) - $349
For20s (19-29) - $349
For30s (30-39) - $549

Value passes (Mt Ellen unlimited, LP M-F Non-Holiday, LP unlimited before ME opens and after ME closes - No Mountain Collective Benefits)
Adult - $549
Youth (7-18 ) - $249

Those are great prices! If I was closer or had cheap lodging close by it would be a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member

Adult (40-64) - $799
Senior (65-79) - $699
90+ - $0
Youth (7-18 ) - $349
For20s (19-29) - $349
For30s (30-39) - $549

Adult - $549
Youth (7-18 ) - $249
Those are great prices and a very appropriate reaction to Epic pass business at Stowe and Killington with MAXX. I would think those prices keep most of their core skiers from jumping ship.

cdskier

Those are great prices and a very appropriate reaction to Epic pass business at Stowe and Killington with MAXX. I would think those prices keep most of their core skiers from jumping ship.

Speaking of Killington, I now wonder what their prices will be. Sugarbush and K were always pretty even for early season pricing. Even though K has the MAX add-on option, will they feel any pressure to lower prices due to Epic and now SB lowering their early pricing?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Speaking of Killington, I now wonder what their prices will be. Sugarbush and K were always pretty even for early season pricing. Even though K has the MAX add-on option, will they feel any pressure to lower prices due to Epic and now SB lowering their early pricing?
I'd be surprised if Killington didn't lower their prices.

I'm also curious to see if Jay/Burke or Peaks now tries to join either MC or Maxx. They are now the only major eastern operators without a Western connection.

sankaty

The Max Pass folks have indicated on their FB page that pricing will be in the same ballpark as last year. More info expected soon.

medfordmike

Pico's rates are out. Same as last year's preseason rate.

2017-18 My Pico Season Passes are now on sale.
My Pico, My Way.
Purchase and pay in full for your 2017-18 My Pico Pass and use it all spring, starting March 11, 2017.

Current 2016-17 pass holders receive $25 in Pico Bucks when they purchase on or before June 15, 2017.

Get unlimited access to Pico Mountain all season long!

Prices good through June 15, 2017.

Adults Ages 19-64 $399
Senior Age 65-79 $299
Super Senior Age 80+ $59
Youth Ages 7-18 $189
Child Ages 6 and under $59
Age group is determined by pass holder's age as of November 1, 2017.
Passes can be purchased online, over the phone or in-person at the Pico Sales Center or Pico Sports Center during operating hours.
All passes are subject to 7% Vermont State and local tax.

Zermatt

With MAX Pass could you do a down payment and then pay later? If so, were there fees or interest associated with doing that?

dlague

sankaty

With MAX Pass could you do a down payment and then pay later? If so, were there fees or interest associated with doing that?

The MAX Pass FB page indicates there will be a $49 down payment option. There aren't any other details yet.

dlague

There should not be. Vail does the same - you pay $49 then they automatically withdraw the rest in September with no added fees or interest. Only issue, it is non-refundable. In fact, when we moved we changed accounts and they messed ours up and we finally paid it in November and they still charged the spring rate with no fees or interest.

4aprice

I'd be surprised if Killington didn't lower their prices.

I'm also curious to see if Jay/Burke or Peaks now tries to join either MC or Maxx. They are now the only major eastern operators without a Western connection.

Smugglers Notch is still a "free agent", no? Why does everyone seem to think Peaks is going to join Max? (Not that I would mind) A lot of people here seem to enjoy their eastern products so I see no pressure for them.

I will say that I personally, am shopping for the western component, as that's where I want to go vacation for now. I am obligated to be in the east for at least several more years so that plays into it too. We've enjoyed our Max pass season so far.

And on a slight swerve, opinions on RFID (I know there was a thread at one time) now? I really like it. We have found that, of course, not everyone has it on Max. Several do though and it was really nice using it at Okemo in the east and Winter Park in Colorado, where we were able to park in the lot we wanted to, pop it in the pocket, and ski onto the lift.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ